Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone. Ive been working on a new concept and I really cant decide if I like where its going or not and need some input. The content text is a bunch of junk but I just want peoples input on the general design, colors, flow. Since its a concept I have not created the other pages and the image at the bottom is still a basic place holder .png but the links do rollover.

I'm thinking the red background and black text is to much and hurts the eyes a little. I still need to clean up the XHTML and CSS but they do validate.

Any input on this before I go any further would be great

Thanks

-Jordan

p.s. This would also be my first site only using DIVS and not Tables (so I'm still getting my footing)

Member #
    Guess no one likes it oh well.

Just in case someone does care and wants to rate it... I made a lot of little tweaks to it and the main "about us" page is pretty much it. There are links that work now (still no content) if you click the "news" link it will take you to a version of the site with out the red footer bar I wanted to see what people thought of the design with out the bar and just straight yellow/orange on the bottom.

Also if you hit the "services" link it will take you to a brown styled version of the site with the images replaced and a separate brown style sheet.

Let me know what you think and what changes I should make or if I should just give up and start over on a new design.

*edit* And the "portfolio" page is the brown style but with the missing brown footer bar just like the "news" link.

Member #
    First off, let me say that if I had to choose - I'd pick the browns. I think that version of the site has some potential. If I were you I'd scrap the red version. I don't like it at all. That intensity and amount of red is sore on the eyes.

Member #
    Good go at it, certainly some good concepts in there. However, in today's internet things are going a little more smooth and web 2.0 style - in comparison this design frankly seems a little amateur (but everyone starts somewhere!)

For a good example, and tutorial, of a more modern look and feel check out something like this: http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/tutori...yout-tutorial/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think it is worth making red background a bit paler - it'll be easier to read it then. Try to use the same tint of red color in the color scheme and you won't lose this harmonious look of your web page!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok, here's a quickie:

"home" should point to "/", and not "/index.something" or "/somefolder/index.something", for SEO purposes.

Congrats on moving up to the world of divs and css!

The black text on the red background may not be a good idea, for contrast reasons. Perhaps white text? Just a thought.

Also, your site has no favicon, so it feels cheap.

Time and practice will help you with the layout and graphics

Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, i've got a GREAT idea! Copy the link to THIS PAGE, then, visit HIS page, then, in firefox, click HELP>Report Website, then give them the link to this page, so they can see they are spam

Remove Ads