Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Website Review

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.7 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New site for my Web design/development ventures.
    http://www.breadboxmedia.com
    Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Yeah, i like the design. It looks good, a nice idea..
    Some of the things you have used images for, such as the navigation. I would say use some CSS to make it more accessible and faster to load. But not such a big deal if you have ALT tags.

I have a few issues with development and accessibility though.

1, Your images (such as titles), don't seem to have ALTernative descriptions, encase the used doesn't have Images enabled on the browser.

2, You have structured the website inside a table(s), really you should use some css to style your website. This is the proper/more accessible way of doing it.

3, Your blog-feed (the bit inside the frame), you have to highlight the text in order to get it to scroll and see your content. I would recommend giving the frame a scrollbar.

4, You don't have any page titles, (accept for the portfolio page), I don't know what page Im on unless I look at the navigation?

Learn CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by <CrGeary.com/>
    Yeah, i like the design. It looks good, a nice idea..
    Some of the things you have used images for, such as the navigation. I would say use some CSS to make it more accessible and faster to load. But not such a big deal if you have ALT tags.

I have a few issues with development and accessibility though.

1, Your images (such as titles), don't seem to have ALTernative descriptions, encase the used doesn't have Images enabled on the browser.

2, You have structured the website inside a table(s), really you should use some css to style your website. This is the proper/more accessible way of doing it.

3, Your blog-feed (the bit inside the frame), you have to highlight the text in order to get it to scroll and see your content. I would recommend giving the frame a scrollbar.

4, You don't have any page titles, (accept for the portfolio page), I don't know what page Im on unless I look at the navigation?

Learn CSS - http://www.w3schools.com/
    All valid points that I will implement today. Except the blog is not meant to scroll. I made the frame large enough to see at least the first post
    with a link below it to 'continue reading' which takes you to a fully accesible blog page ( with title :] ). Thank you for your input.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I love the dull retro look, but there's something about the colors that doesn't seem quite right. Perhaps the links need to be much brighter than the background, instead of much darker..... i'm not sure.

From an SEO standpoint, your "home" link should point to "/" and not "/index.something"

Good luck!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! The coloration is extremely splendid! At your place I should have lighten a bit the color of the headings

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, i've got a GREAT idea! Copy the link to THIS PAGE, then, visit HIS page, then, in firefox, click HELP>Report Website, then give them the link to this page, so they can see they are spam

Member #
    Very nice design, love the layout of the site , maybe use a little bit colors looks really bright

Like the fonts really good site

Member #
    I love the design, it's very clean and easy on the eyes, it sort of reminds me of the 1940s for some reason. Not really a whole lot that I could say I don't like about it, it's pretty much perfect in terms of design and user interaction.

I might also add that I think having the text navigation bar at the bottom is a good strategy in order to avoid any load issues.
    For your own safety a large cube has been placed in the sky...

Remove Ads