Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

posted much about this site. still under construction. nervous, don't want to flop. have a look. if it looks odd please include a screen shot, i haven't seen this on a windows machine yet.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Looks nice and functional, dorky, but I'd recommend doing some interface cleanup. There are so many buttons and fields cluttering up the screen.

First, add padding on the navigation buttons, and add whitespace between the navigation and the content. Instead of having buttons to change the order, just add a drop-down list on how to order contents - or, better yet, just have a default ordering system that will benefit the most of your users. Most of them will never want to change the order anyway.

Change the pagination system, this one is a bit different from what people will expect. The usual First | Previous | 4 5 6 7 8 | Next | Last will do.

Email and homepage don't need buttons; just add them as links along with the user info column. Report and endorse can be put on buttons with the user info. Just avoid having multiple rows of similar looking bars, as it increases the clutter.

That's it for now, maybe more later.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with Steax as far as the cramped feeling. You have the perfect scenario for a sidebar with links to the subcategories, I would put them on the left.

I would increase the height of the header, leave the main nav there, and put the rest of those links as a sidebar. This would really open it up. But I'm sure that would involve a lot of work. If you don't do that then I would suggest some spacing between elements. At least give the header some breathing room, I would say another 30 or 40px. That may require increasing the logo size as well, but not by much.

Also, why didn't you use borders instead of extra divs for the main nav? Border-top and border-left.

Looks like you have a lot of work into this, needs tweaking now. Tweaking is sometimes better to do when the site is actually running so we can see it in action.

Also, for you, some user testing would benefit. Stand behind someone and watch them navigate the site, but don't say anything, then ask questions afterword. Get a few people to do it if you can. If you're nervous about getting this right, then that would be a great thing to do.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sorry, but it is impossible to evaluate your website - i can't open it with my Firefox

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    opertunities, spelled opportunities

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Sorry, but it is impossible to evaluate your website - i can't open it with my Firefox
    i checked my logs. didn't see any blocked ff browsers. i did pick up some blocked safari/5 but i fixed that. what did it say when you couldn't view it?

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Remove Ads