Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Insurance site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, i just had this insurance client for SEO who wanted to keep the same design, so i pretty much upgraded the design to clean it up, and its markup (xhtml/css), and did the SEO. What do you guys think of it, content-wise? Does it feel informative, if you were looking for insurance?

Unfortunately i don't have a lot of room to play here, because he wanted most of it unchanged, but i'm still interested in hearing opinions.

Chicago Insurance Company

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    If you report them, we know about them quicker!
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

jj1
    Member #
    On my ie7 screen, the Agency part of the company logo is part way over the brown lines - looks like it''s a mistake, am not sure if it is.
    A picky point - there is no alt text ont he navigation (helps seo imo).
    I believe the central visual on the home page could be better; it doesn't draw me in or make me want to study the small pics enough to work out what it is all about - maybe change to large rotating pics of the helath visual overlaid with "health insurance Chicago" and picture of building overlaid with "building insurance Chicago" etc??
    If you're wanting the site to rank for "Chicago insurance company", then this exact string should be in the title tag, the h1 tag and also proably the odd h2 tag. You also need to put the string - and others like it (eg an insurance company based in Chicago) in the main text.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    On the navigation? The navigation is plain text, there is no need or purpose for alt text there. Am i misunderstanding you there?

I love the idea about the rotating pix! I will use that when i go to do the update!

The heading tags are worth the same as plain text now, so that doesn't matter too much now. Besides, i've got other things on page that work together to get his page ranked for chicago insurance company. You see, sometimes breaking things up in the RIGHT ways will give a strong hint to the engines about the site's nature --sometimes even more than exact phrases in the text .

Thanx!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sincerely speaking, there is nothing to cavil at! Your page looks first-rate!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads