Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insurance site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, i just had this insurance client for SEO who wanted to keep the same design, so i pretty much upgraded the design to clean it up, and its markup (xhtml/css), and did the SEO. What do you guys think of it, content-wise? Does it feel informative, if you were looking for insurance?

Unfortunately i don't have a lot of room to play here, because he wanted most of it unchanged, but i'm still interested in hearing opinions.

Chicago Insurance Company

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Welcome back Ionisis! Been a while.

One rule of thumb, put the nav on the left, for one it looks funny on the right, and for two an 800 px monitor won't even see the nav without scrolling.

Get rid of the feathered edges on those pics, it makes them look blurry. I would put them in a grid with normal edges. Just like you have on the insurance products page, but put them together, with no spacing.

"Get a Quote seems to be your "call to action", I would somehow get that to be more prominent.

Once last little thing, the address in the header looks odd with the word "inc." dropping below. I took that out and it looks so much better, a little thing I know.

A testimonial would be nice somewhere.

I think you did a nice job on usability, overall pretty darn good.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Wow, i can actually agree with all of that. I'm on another project right now, but once i get to a stopping point, i will try to make some of those changes (except for the menu, as i have a feeling he won't want that changed).

As far as my account, i wanted to get rid of my person account and start using a more "professional" account to represent

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Aww the menu was the most important part! Tell your client some people won't be able to see it and it's not good practice.

I look forward to your signature noob!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah, and a lot of people don't like the menu on the right anyway . I will mention that to him the next time we talk (2 weeks, probably).

I don't know how many posts you have to have to show the signature, but i'm sure i'm close ......

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I dont get why people do that --make completely senseless posts that mean absolutely nothing. I guess it is to add more links out there on the net? But these are such LOW QUALITY links that, after more than a few, they dont even count.

So i guess that's where your money goes for paid links, sometimes?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A constant visitor to an insurance site??? Ooooookkkaaaayyyy. :tired:

It's all for backlinks. They think that 1,500 backlinks from a web forum will get them to the top. Good thing I'm not a moderator, some of these people would have been gone a long time ago.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ha, i know.

I don't bother with reporting posts like that one; but i used to report them in the forums where you're expected to give 3 REAL reviews before asking for you own review.

Any more i don't care so much.... so i don't even bother to report it in those forums as well. I guess that the forums allow it because they don't really care (hey, their forums getting traffic, so who cares, right?).

There are still some forums out there that try to be legit, and enforce their users to be legit. Ozzu, cre8asiteforums, SitePoint, and 1 other. But i always try to give 3 real reviews, just because it's the right thing to do. Even if you're really coming here just to get links, it's still only fair to contribute something back...

Ok, i'm done rambling now.........

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    This forum is pretty good about zapping these people, but some do just enough NOT to get zapped. A forum is designed for people to get help and help others, not just comment on how delightful and soothing coloration everybody's website is. Sorry, it just annoys the hell out of me. I'm done now too...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey, i've got a GREAT idea! Copy the link to THIS PAGE, then, visit HIS page, then, in firefox, click HELP>Report Website, then give them the link to this page, so they can see they are spam

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads