Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.7 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have completely changed my website after getting loads of useful advice from these forums, thanks everyone!

I'd love to hear any comments, suggestions, criticisms about the site which is at www.weddingphotographernorthampton.com

For reference, the original version of the site is at www.paintedbylight.co.uk

Please bear in mind that I am a mid-priced wedding photographer, I have no budget for web design and I am a beginner in this whole website building / SEO business.

Having said that, don't treat me with kid-gloves, i need this site to work.

Again, huge thanks to all who helped me out previously and in the future!

Gary

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey what happened to the rest of this thread?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! I like the ornamentation of your website, but I think you should do something with the text below the photo - it looks unfinished.

Member #
    I have to be a bit tough and express my disapproval of your use of Flash for the entire website. I think it's a big mistake to make the website in such a manner. Arguably the only thing that should have been done in Flash is the portfolio, and even there some will argue that you could do something similar in Javascript.

As for the rest of the page, I think Flash does it a disservice. There is nothing there that requires Flash for it to be presented and by choosing Flash you are making some big sacrifices. All the information in the individual pages is not searchable by Google and in my opinion it should be. That content is full of great keywords that should be associated with site. It seems like you tried to compensate that with the short HTML text at the bottom of the page. That text only renders once, so the association you get is lower that what you would get if all your pages were rendered individually in HTML. Also the text at the bottom seems a bit out of place and out of touch with the site, I'd recommend making it invisible in CSS, so your viewers don't see it but Google does.

Another suggestion and something I'm recommend to my clients these days is the use of a blog. I think having a blog is a great way to improve your website traffic and get better association with certain keywords. However having the blog on a separate URL kind of defeats that. I would really recommend eventually moving the blog to live on the same domain and be connected into the general layout of the website. You will dramatically increase that way as it will be very simple for a user to slip from the blog to the website. Get what I'm saying.

Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Remove Ads