Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Trying to start a little business. Would like some advice on how my site looks, and the information I have on the site.

Let me know.

Thanks alot!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Better check the spelling and grammar on the home page.

I wouldn't say how cheap you are more than once, if at all.

Google ads to take customers away from your site, not a good idea.

Free templates from other sites? Also not a good idea.

Needs a lot of work with content, and maybe a little graphic work wouldn't hurt either.

Member #
    thanks for the response. So should I make my own templates? I dont understand why web templates from other sites is a bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by aeroweb99
    Better check the spelling and grammar on the home page.

I wouldn't say how cheap you are more than once, if at all.

Google ads to take customers away from your site, not a good idea.

Free templates from other sites? Also not a good idea.

Needs a lot of work with content, and maybe a little graphic work wouldn't hurt either.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If your trying to represent yourself as a web designer, sending potential clients to another site for free templates isn't going to get you any business! You need to be able to do everything yourself.

Look at some sites in the signatures of some designers in this forum to give you an idea of what you should be doing.

jj1
    Member #
    The home page main visual didn't display when I first opened your site; once it did display (after going to a different page and then back) it didn't do you any favours. IMO the main visual should sell your service - eg examples of all the wonderful designs you've done so people can see at a glance what type of quality to expect.
    For the portfolio, don't have all those empty slots - create some website designs for imaginary companies and put them up so customers can see your potential design skills. Also use small visuals of the sites you've done rather than just listing them - makes the page look better. Open sites in a new window so your own site is not lost. Take out the bit about budget issues - doesn't give a good impression - just say here's a couple of recent sites.
    For your navigation, it would be better if you had a hover colour/image.
    With regards to seo, use your title tag for keywords - eg "website design hometown | web design hometown"; then reuse these keywords int he main page h1 tag - eg "Welcome to website design hometown".
    Hope this helps.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    anyone who has money issues will search and find all the free stuff out there. templates many fold the quality of your site, google sites, and cheep stuff like godaddy packages. if you are going to sell design you need to target those who can and want to pay. your quality of work will need to improve to show it is worth paying for. if it is something you want to do, just stick with it, the web has much unsold real estate.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! I can hardly find any disadvantages in your website, but at your place I would have added one more blue tint, because the coloration looks a bit monotonous.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    Hi! I can hardly find any disadvantages in your website,
    Yes andr104, a little blue tint and she's good to go, why didn't I think of that....chalk up another backlink for yourself. :tired::dead::angry::devious::speechless::ichatangry:

Member #
    This website needs a ton of work... Keep in mind that if your selling your skills as a web designer the first thing the prospective client sees is how your own website looks.

1.)Change your logo make it more artistic but not too fancy. simple but elegant and keep it clean( your website is clean but its too clean). Try too learn Adobe photoshop and illustrator.

2.)Change the markup... the old styled table html is obsolete! use xhtml and css stylesheets...

3.)A little javascript perhaps?

4.)The typography has no style whatsoever. Be creative, imaginative and artistic on all the little details on the website.

5.)Its too static...

Always remember that web designers are artists. Artists use their imagination and creativity to unleash their creations to the public. You should express yourself through your designs but keep watching every detail of you work.

Improve your skills first through research and try looking at sites made by other web designers.Always remember Design to Express not to Impress!

Member #
    I agree John. You really need to create your own website that showcases your work and presents a professional appearance to customers. Using sliders, demo versions of templates or links to your work online.

Remove Ads