Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.4 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.6 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.2 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone, new to the site but wanted to put up my latest version of my website to see what you guys think. All feedback is welcome either on the board or thru the website.

www.scarfaced.cz.cc

Also looking for affiliates to link exchange with if anyone is interested.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Sorry, man, I think it's pretty awful. The design is pretty enough, but it's just not appropriate to a website.

This style of illustration-intensive micro-content site was popular about 6-8 years ago, usually as a Flash site with looping animations of some sort in the illustration to increase interest.

The concept is to create a website that looks like a work of art through a convoluted interface that has nothing to do with delivering the content to the user in an effective manner, instead working primarily as a single pointless artwork.

My opinion is that since the style was popular with graphic artists, they probably adopted the fad due to their innate ineptitude with content, and corresponding strength with graphics. The style faded away quickly, mostly due to its inability to deliver any message whatsoever to the visitor.

I say scrap it completely and start fresh with a website designed to deliver a message.

If you don't know how to do that, I suggest you learn!

Member #
    there isn't some exuberant amount of content the website needs to get across. is the interface really that difficult to work through? There is a navigation bar with 4 links.. and you click them. Not rocket science for most users or am I wrong?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I think that's the point. User comes in, clicks your 4 links, and then leaves your site why he bothered visiting in the first place.

The problem isn't that the links are confusing. The problem is that your site doesn't really do or say anything worth remembering.

Member #
    well it is just a graphic portfolio.. it isn't meant for every casual visitor

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    It's the equivalent of walking into an interview for a design job with a huge hand-painted portfolio case with an intricate level of detail, and inside it, having 4 polaroid photos of some work you've done.

It doesn't present you as a professional graphic artist.

Here's an example of what I consider a good portfolio site:

http://www.dexigner.com/jump/directory/13375

Very little focus on the interface design (mostly put into making it usable and quick-loading). Very heavy focus on the work, each piece containing multiple photos or videos and some description of them.

Granted, this is a directory site, not an individual designer's portfolio site, but you get the point I think.

Member #
    Too intense. I wanted to leave as soon as I got there.

I would agree, start again and make it cleaner - try and get across what design work you have done. All I could see was a load of game images ...let's see something you have done.

Here is a top ranking site on google for 'graphic designer freelance' - I wouldn't say it is amazing but it clearly shows what work they have done. You can see it straight away on the home page.
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Where's the content? I can barely read the navigation menu. Looking at the home page I have no idea what the website is about. It just doesn't work for me. Sorry.

Member #
    I had no idea what your site was about until I read the comments. No idea what was going on with that site. You need some text! There's nothing about your site that says "This is a graphic portfolio." Also, I can barely read the "Scarfaced" logo. It's an unintelligible site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! The design and the ornamentation and the color scheme is quite perfect, but it is hard to read the inscriptions on the menu bars - I think it is better to make the text on the inscriptions a bit precise and clear for easier reading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads