Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

After reviewing the analytics, it seems that the most popular link on my home page is the logo linking to the home page. It has around 18% of the clicks for the last month.

This seems really strange to me. My best guess is that people don't realize that they are already on the home page, perhaps due to it's cluttered nature?

I'm looking for validation or other suggestions about what might be going on.

Thanks,
    Stacey

Member #
    Quote - "After reviewing the analytics, it seems that the most popular link on my home page is the logo linking to the home page. It has around 18% of the clicks for the last month."

Its the biggest button on your site. I would recommend making it a bit more simple and smaller. You don't need to include so much information in your logo. Simple and easy. Its a logo, not a sales pitch.

The website is very organized for the amount of information it has. Many would pack most of those links on the homepage. Good job.

The contact information is something that really has me thinking though. Since you have a "Contact Us" link in the drop down, you could eliminate all the contact information on the home page to eliminate some of the clutter. If you have all the information on the front page, why even have a "contact us" page? Place a basic contact phone number at the top or the bottom of the page.

You have columns for the Events, News and Blogs but you have drop down links for these too. I think you could eliminate those columns too OR keep them and loose the entries above that. Look at a news website for example, they give the title of a new topic and allow visitors click them to read more. Just make sure that your entries titles are interesting. Its really your choice. This is really your choice. Just giving ideas here.

Overall, I like the site. Very professional in appearance.

Member #
    One of the reasons the click rate may be so high is that the whole image is hyperlinked all the way down to the navigation bar. When hovering over the About Us or Membership links they may be selecting the logo without even realizing it.

I would add a Home link to the navigation bar and remove the link from the logo for a month or so as a trial to see if it improves any before redesigning anything.

Why not have a Purple Join Now button rather than the current one. It would draw visitors attention.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, why not to make your home page a bit different from other pages but at the same time to preserve the general style? You can do this with the help of coloration or the design of the background of your home page for your visitors to understand where they've landed.

Remove Ads