Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.3 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.8 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am looking for people who can give me their professional opinion about the design and content on my web site. If its good, tell me why, if its bad, tell me whats wrong and what should be done to better the issue.

If your opinion or advice is not professional, its no big deal. lol. I just want someone to review my site in detail.

Thanks Much

Dr.Design,
    AkAmrdr,

Member #
    You need to hand code -- with a separate CSS file, not inline. Dump Webplus.

The style looks dated, there is no reason for the rings as background, and nothing relates back to what I was expecting a "Doctor Design" theme.

Copy is information poor. Pages like Services are not actually services. Templates is a number of blind links with nondescript names, when it should be image thumbnails. The templates exhibit some bizarre behavior and have many of the same flaws.

Portfolio links didn't work and I honestly was not very interested in making them work. You should put some descriptive blurbs about the design goals, problems and solutions your design provides. This helps the user decide what they want to click on.

You have no benefits or competitive advantages.

It is a mishmash which would seems more like week four or five of a web design course than a site.

Member #
    Good stuff man. I'll work on some of that stuff.

Member #
    My first impressions was that somebody had designed this as a school project in Front Page (not to cause any offence).

As DC856 said, it looks very dated and I wouldn't see myself looking any further than the first sentence if I landed there.

I would suggest looking at www.templatemonster.com in order to find some inspiration. Take a look at some of the sites here and compare them to yours - obviously I am talking in more of a design aspect here.

When it comes to the copy, just ask as many random people as you can (as well as the web community as you have done) to see if they understand it, to check the grammar and get general comments on it. There is no better judge of your work than other people. Sometimes you may not like what they say but that's life! and I get it all the time so you definitely aren't alone.

Just had a look at your blog. This is much better! Try and get your main site theme to be more like your blog's. That would be a start.
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    use some graphics !!

Member #
    Yeah I agree. The sites look like something an entry level student would do just learning basic code. If I were looking at your company for a web design project based on that web site I would likely go elsewhere. Using a Web 2.0 theme with some crisp graphics would go a long way. Having your portfolio visible in a slideshow or in thumbnails with live demos on the homepage would be a good addition.

Member #
    "Dated" is what came to mind when I first saw it -- very 1999. Also, I'm not sure you should be using a free hosting service when your job is to design web sites. You definitely need a graphically-based banner rather than just text.

Member #
    Hi,

1. http://drdesign.freevar.com/portfolio.html - this page contains two portfolio items and one of them is a dead link, needs to be fixed.

2. Your home page has a different template layout to other pages on the website, any reason for this?

3. I understand you can't be good at everthing, so I suggest you team up with a good graphic designer and focus on better coding, I work in a team of three people with different skills sets, project management, graphic design, web development.

4. Overall I can not say this is a good website and with 5 years expereince I think you can do alot better.

good luck.....

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    This website is not "designed". It's a series of elements designed by other people cut and pasted together with some HTML.

jj1
    Member #
    I'm afraid I don't think the design does a web design company any favours.
    IMO you should start from scratch - look at websites from other website designers around the world, consider what works and doesn't work and then use a design tool like macromedia or photoshop to play around with ideas for a new design that is all your own. Make your central masthead visual showcase all the good designs you have done for other people. Get rid of the shoddy cartoony type visuals and replace them with solid visuals of prvious designs which impart some confidence.
    On your portfolio page, show small visuals of websites rather than just text with a hyperlink.
    Note - if you haven't done many actual websites, don't worry. When I started out, I created dummy web designs in Macromedia and put these up as "website designs" to give an idea of the type of work I COULD do.
    IMO I would scrap the two portfolio websites and create some really good designs for an assortment of possible businesses - use photos from a free photo gallery such as Microsoft clip art to give your designs some class (cartoons and sketches have a limited appeal).
    Sorry if this sounds very critical - it's actually meant to eb helpful. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads