Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello....
    I just found out in the past couple weeks that I am going to be laid off on May 14th. So I am getting my resume and portfolio site updated.

Could you please take a peek at the new portfolio site and give me your thoughts...

http://www.ohanagraphics.com

I'm about done with it in terms of an initial run... I now feel comfortable sending it to HR Managers and Recruiters. But now I want to take some time to polish it off with a few extra features. I also need to eliminate some of the examples as I have too many. I'm considering doing a couple case studies as well as adding some logo design and photography.

Don't worry about the validation... there is something with the way my host has my site set up... but it's FREE so I'm not too worried about it for now.

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Cheers

Member #
    Just a Suggestion... put up links on your project's website? perhaps a little more icons and maybe a featured project slider? and what about in ie6? I really think some people are just too lazy to update their browser so i think ie6 still matters... for me that is...But all in all great job man ! If I were an employer I would hire you... I love the colors.... very clean looking site... very peaceful and oceany...

Member #
    It looks like the gradient on the left container of the homepage does not go all the way down (normal for floated elements). So you should consider either setting a defined height or wrapping everything in one container and adding a single bg image.

The navigation bar on the portfolio page looks too much like google adsense and I was reluctant to click on it.

The top navigation bar...when you hover the whole container changes color but you can only click on the text. This is very strange. How about a little display: block; action?

Last thing... As a "creative designer" you may want to incorporate some cool fonts into your design. Take a look at "cufon font replacement".

wow your whole site is one frame. that is weird. But if its Free thats cool I guess.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WPExplorer
    It looks like the gradient on the left container of the homepage does not go all the way down (normal for floated elements). So you should consider either setting a defined height or wrapping everything in one container and adding a single bg image.

The navigation bar on the portfolio page looks too much like google adsense and I was reluctant to click on it.

The top navigation bar...when you hover the whole container changes color but you can only click on the text. This is very strange. How about a little display: block; action?

Last thing... As a "creative designer" you may want to incorporate some cool fonts into your design. Take a look at "cufon font replacement".

wow your whole site is one frame. that is weird. But if its Free thats cool I guess.
    Nicely pointed out wpExplorer... and yeah I agree with him on the portfolio navigation bar... too google adish hehe... like I said a little more icons, the typography needs a little more aesthetics and oh! the markup! one frame linked to another site? true that is weird...

Member #
    I think the work that you have done before seen in the portfolio section is pretty good. I think the actual portfolio needs to be more similar. Some of the email designs are very catchy, with a variety of fonts and colours whereas the site itself is quite bland in comparison.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with having a nice clean, simple site. It is a compromise between both I suppose.

I would also agree on the adsense part, does seem very adsensy (if that is even a word!). All-in-all I would say a pretty good job. Of course there is no such thing as perfection and people will always have negative things to say as a site can pretty much always be improved upon.

Cufon replacement is also a good idea, I get really bored of seeing sites using the same old Arial and Verdana headers.
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitch - CP
    I think the work that you have done before seen in the portfolio section is pretty good. I think the actual portfolio needs to be more similar. Some of the email designs are very catchy, with a variety of fonts and colours whereas the site itself is quite bland in comparison.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with having a nice clean, simple site. It is a compromise between both I suppose.

I would also agree on the adsense part, does seem very adsensy (if that is even a word!). All-in-all I would say a pretty good job. Of course there is no such thing as perfection and people will always have negative things to say as a site can pretty much always be improved upon.

Cufon replacement is also a good idea, I get really bored of seeing sites using the same old Arial and Verdana headers.
    Very true like one web designer has said "A website is never done, it can only be ready for launching". Meaning there is always room for improving every website... but overall I liked his websites design very cool to the eye...

Member #
    Great quote. Thanks for sharing.

Member #
    I like the header of your site and the color theme. I prefer a two column design over three columns and I would move the Resume info to an About Us page. Incorporate a slider into your design. Post some customer testimonials if you have them.

Member #
    agreed. Customer testimonials would be nice. Maybe have a few that scroll through using jQuery...

Looks like he just wanted the link on this forum because he neither responds to any comments or has made any of the proposed changes.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! Everything is really harmonious in your website except the menu buttons - they are too large and look a bit disproportionate, to my mind.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads