Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.8 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi friends,

Please review my new site ebulbstore.com. It is an online light bulb store site. You get all the information about various types of light bulbs like Halogen Bulb, Led Bulb, High Pressure Mercury Lamp, Fluorescent Light Bulb and also post your opinion about this site's layout, design...........
    Thanks in advanced
    Energy Saving Bulbs

Member #
    I seriously doubt anyone but an expert within the industry itself shops by shape or chemical composition. And industry experts probably get their bulbs for free or at steep discount from their employer.

Here's my experience. Bought a famous maker energy saver. Had to search forever before I found the mousetype on the back of the packaging saying it's suitable for outdoor use.

So, upon taking it home, getting on a ladder, I find the thing won't screw far enough into the socket to make electrical contact. Where a normal bulb has a slender neck, the bulkier profile of this energy saver blocked the bulb from making that last half turn to seat into the socket.

Where's the section for that? Where is the least little indication the designer has ever purchased or used one of these things, and so can arrange a site to allow a real human user to complete a genuine earthly task?

The site seems blissfully unaware of who the target user is or how they shop. The flaws are legion. For example the specials section doesn't show the context: Like Was X, Now Y, You Save Z.

Navigation is narrow and deep, putting click after click between the user and their goal before they can (Maybe) find out if they have the right product or not. Things like Click To Enlarge thumbnail show the exact same size image.

And nowhere is the site a help to someone trying to select the correct lightbulb or determine how much money they'll save (via energy use between the fluorescent and the incandescent bulb the user may have right now. )

I'd really hate to go through and see the number or checkout process roadblocks. The developer has their head firmly ensconced up ....their internet cloud computing "solution." They need to get their head out of "the cloud" and wallow in the user problems for a while.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Everything is OK with the design, but your site downloads very slowly, to my mind.

Member #
    I like the little bulb-plant!
    The light green fonts and buttons on the white background is really clean and easy to read. The background on either side of the website could be grey or another base colour to outline the actual webpage.
    All the links work properly and I think it is good that you have been really specific with the products.
    I think that the information links should be located at the top of the page or before your product range.
    It is a really well put together site. Everything is easy to understand!

Member #
    Its nice and clutter free. Not a fan of the side menu, but I like moaning. Was disappointed that nobody was available to chat to me though

Member #
    The site is good but needs more marketing visuals. Some compelling banners conveying marketing messages, testimonials etc. would make the site more appealing and will also help boost the sale. I would also consider adding a video ad to the home page.

Member #
    The site is pretty good.

Member #
    Nice design and lots of infos

Remove Ads