Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello WDF,

It is always good to get a 'second eye view' on your site before it goes live. This way I can see what i've done wrong through someone elses eyes, as mine become worn out on the same design over a period of time.

Please go through my site and report back to me any issues or nonprofessionalism you may find.

Address: http://www.distinguishwebdesign.clanteam.com/

Notes: Yes, I will be upgrading to a domain soon (distinguishwebdesign.com). I am aware that the 'tutorials' page is a bit messed up ATM, and thats why its not yet live.

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You will build a custom 16-30+ website with all features for $200? Am I reading that wrong? That would actually be a turn off as people would think it's way too cheap.

No logo or slogan? I assume that is on the way!

"Steps to creating your website:
    [First Payment] We contact you and negotiate a price "
    That part confuses me, and probably potential clients. You want money (looks like half down) at the start of the initial consultation? The other half BEFORE completion? You need to reword this unless that's the way you want it to read.

In a couple of spots you mention "uploading the files" as a service. That's not really something that requires mentioning and it looks like you're using it to fill space.

Login and newsletter sign up at the bottom of the pages is not where that should be.

Who is going to donate to you?

Services page:
    Unlike other companies, the services I offer are services the I specilize in. For that matter, I offer few services however so I offer them at a very high quality.
    This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Contact info and form needs to be at the top and you don't need all that other info in there. Make it simple!

Needs work, almost too much info and a lot of redundant info.

Member #
    Thank you, aeroweb99.

I appreciate your honesty and feedback. I am going through my site as we speak clearing up what you have stated. As i'm not good at graphics design, I think my 'slogan' will be merged with my logo as a simple text string.

Thanks again,
    -Jeff

Member #
    Please do not take this the wrong way as I mean it to only help you. If you were to bid on a project and then I reviewed your website I would not hire you no matter how good of a programmer you are or the price was. The site just doesn't look professional to me. The site states you are a certified designer and a web 2.0 developer but the site does not show off your skills. It looks dated and the theme is messy.

The problem many programmers face is they know how to write code, but lack web design skills. I would advise for you to team up with a designer who can do that aspect and then you code it. Review some more web 2.0 sites and themes for some inspiration.

Member #
    Get rid of the google search at the top.. Other than the logo/heading and google search it's pretty good. I think you should use a different font colour on the main paragraphs because it all seems a little light, still readable at least but I'd use a darker one. Up to you though. Looks alright still.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good advice from the above post...

I also only do the technical side of things so I hire a graphic designer to do the graphic design side of things...

If things don't look right people who don't know how brilliant the technical side is will think it is rubbish...

Good luck -Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, at first sight the menu bar is not on its place - it gathers all attention! Why not to move it to the side? And don't be shy to add some colors! Just white and grey look boring. verify the coloration with some tints of green or blue.

Remove Ads