Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys,

Im part of a young startup which is working on a real-time graphing solution
    for the web. Our charts visualize data in real-time and can be embedded, just like youtube videos. You can add data via a HTTP-Interface.

Since we just started our first closed beta I would be really happy about some feedback.

I would be glad if you could have a brief look at our project:
    (smartcharts.cronimon.com)

The project is currently in closed beta, we dont make any money with it - we just want to make a good product that in the end helps developers like you.

If youre interested in participating I might have a few beta keys left

Member #
    Well it is only a ten year old idea. Only had to hit Reload once to get the example to start loading - cool.

What this needs is an information designer and interaction designer and user testing. Not a casual comment in a forum from people who don't use the service.

And there is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- compelling enough to request a beta key.

The fatal flaw of all these widgets is all data, no information. Time to hit the snooze button for another ten years.

Member #
    Hey DC856,

thanks for your feedback.

I do agree with you that what we need is actually user feedback on the widget and not so much feedback about the website or its design.

However I have a different view on the "all data part".
    You say that our widgets dont provide any "information".
    So what is information?
    Information is data + semantics. The semantics provide a meaning to the data.

If you name your data series properly, the semantics part is solved for you.
    Our example Charts may not have very specific information on what data is actually display, but thats because they are exactly that: Examples.

The idea of real-time charts may be old. But as far as I know we provide the first real-time Web-Service (all other solutions known to me are products).

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi! Sincerely speaking, the coloration of your website is poor - try to verify it with some bright tints, for example orange.

Remove Ads