Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

(Please answer the question located at the bottom of this post)

Yep, the title says it all! I'm trying my best to stop what I'm doing with PHP, and start moving on to some more stuff that is just as important as PHP: Web Designing. I've always lacked skill in this subject, so I've gladdy accepted the task of learning CSS and HTML. When I say HTML, I mean more stuff that helps with the style. But I'm basically set with HTML, just a few things I need left on that.

My very first theme:

L10 - http://www.srl.comoj.com/styles/index.php

Please give me feedback! If you do, PLEASE make it constructive!

Would I consider this a template, theme, or stylesheet? The words confuse me.

Member #
    I'll get feedback sooner or later.....maybe....?

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Please wait longer than 2.5 hours...
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the coloration, but I think that tis page lacks contents - think over fresh and qualitative contents, add some element to the design and everything will be OK

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by andr104
    I like the coloration, but I think that tis page lacks contents - think over fresh and qualitative contents, add some element to the design and everything will be OK
    Element?

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    I think the design could use work. I'm personally not a huge fan of darker layouts just because I find they tend to look a little distant unless that have something that sticks out.

The yellow 'L10' seems too basic and is very pixelated round the edges. Not too keen on the background either - there's too much going on. Could I suggest maybe sticking to a solid color on both the background and left/right menus?

One final (minor) issue - the footer copyright text should probably be a lot lighter (say hex #EEEEEE) as it's a little hard to read on the dark BG.

Keep up the work. I highly recommend taking a look at colorcombos.com (or another similar site) and choosing a nice set of complimentary colors to use.

Eve
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It is a basic design at present, which makes it difficult to provide feedback on. You have a link which says Forums so I assume you are trying to create a CMS theme. Here is my suggestion, which uses online graphic applications. Look at this demo for a CMS theme: vimeo.com/10197096. Study the demo, and decide what design elements you would like your theme to have -- layout, margins, colours, subtitles, etc. Mock up the pages using the image editor Aviary.com/ and the colour scheme application 0to255.com/ Once you are happy with your design, proceed with writing the theme. It may also help if you decide on a forum software to design for, since you can release your theme to the software community. I wish you the best.

Remove Ads