Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://desertshadow.net/

I started a web comic based off of random comics I sketched in my sketchbook! The site has hot keys with the left and right arrow keys. Hover over links to see their hot keys. The update days are Mon, Wednes, and Fri.

I'd like to know if any of you have ideas on how I could improve the user experience on the comic site and whatnot. ^^

Thanks!
    ~Tiff

Member #
    Okay, I know I shouldn't double post, but after a few days with no replies at all, not even any "z0mg ur site sux"'s or anything, I wonder: Did I miss out on some unknown standard of reviewability/rateability? XD

I might redesign the layout soon anyways since the current one was made kinda quickly, and I don't like the tagline thing but bleh.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I guess you're not getting any replies is because it's pretty basic and simple. Usability, functionality, Call to action, and such are not really an issue with this kind of site. Other than getting your comics on the web, what is the objective of the site?

It looks okay visually.

Member #
    As aeroweb99 said, the site looks very simple and basic. since it is a comic site, I guess your target audience must be mainly children. So your site should be colorful, come up with a good color contrast, even the pictures need to be colorful. You need work on this site again. I found the content and pictures interesting.

Member #
    It's pretty good. I don't really like the colors, but that's probably just me. The hot keys are handy. One suggestion I would have would be to make a favicon. It's not hard, and no, it doesn't really matter, but for me at least, they at quite a bit. (especially since I use tabs so much with firefox)

Member #
    Not bad at all. I think theres alot of green in it. I would also add that some spacing between comic and header would look better IMO

Remove Ads