Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://all-web-designers.com

I know, I know, "never publish a site under construction..."

Well I am not a web designer and this began as a small sideline that got out of hand. Now I have to create several hundred pages (at least one for each state in the USA--one for each country in the UK--etc.) and list at least one "web designer" on that page. (Actually the reason I started this directory, is I am mostly interested in experimenting with search engine optimization. I need to find a partner who is more serious about web design. If interested, send me a PM.)

But BEFORE I build those several hundred inside pages---maybe I'd better get some feedback on the general design...?

I have been told on another forum, "What are the birds doing there...?"

Well, I don't like the usual "web design directory" motif of transistors, grid patterns, or computer consoles.... so I thought of either working on a "spider web" motif, or a "web-footed bird" motif... Well, the birds looked a lot prettier... So I decided to come to WDF and ask the real experts...

Does my bird motif fly? And how do you like the arrangment of links and everything else? Whether you are an expert or a novice, please let me know your opinion.

Thank you.

Member #
    Holly crap, there are WAY to many links at the bottom of your page. I think you need to work out a way to organize your links (all of them) Maybe you can try drop down boxes to sort them out and clean up the page a bit

Member #
    I think there are too many links on the side of the page too. The site looks too crammed, too much text being thrown at the visitor, I don't know what to read first. Also, the banner on the top looks like it should connect seemlessly to the bg of the cell on the left.

The homepage needs to be laid out a little better I think. Make subpages, and put links to those on the homepage, to ease the homepage's congestion. Just my two cents, take it for what it's worth.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Eh... needs a lot of work IMO. It's not bad... except for the links!!!

DON'T DO THAT! (sorry ) Hovering over your links made me want to jump ship and swim to the nearest island to live a humble life eating seaweed and capturing rainwater for the rest of my life.

okay... maybe i got a little out of hand there....

A simple drop down menu stating the states at the bottom would be a much better (and easier) method to list that many links.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    :classic: Thank you folks. This is a big help.

It seems you do NOT strongly object to the bird motif---so long as I greatly reduce the links....

Member #
    As you re-layout the content, I'd be interested to see how the bird images fall in. The design could also be confused with a nature/bird watching site. If you're going to put images of birds on it, you may want to develop some kind of metaphor, that is consistent throughout the site. I didn't comment on the birds because the amount of content was so overwhelming that I didn't pay much attention to the birds. If the page was easier to read, the birds would be more noticeable and then they may look a little out of place.

Remove Ads