Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.8 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.8 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.8 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all,
    I have recently completed my Diploma of Interactive Digital Media and have just launched my portfolio website this week: Aliesha Orth - Designer and Front End Developer. I would love to know what you all think about it.
    NB - the flash slideshow on the home page is just a 'place holder' and is not relevant to the actual site. Also not all the galleries have work to showcase yet.
    Thanks in advance for our comments

Member #
    nice site well done ittl be good to see when there is more content in the portfolio.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The text of your salutation is too large I think. It diverts attention from the main information on this page.

Member #
    Hi Aliesha. I love your design.
    What I can suggest you is, it will look better if you justify all the text paragraphs and make space between flash image and texts.
    It looks great anyway!

Banned
    Member #
    Hi, there!

I like your website a lot, it look very nice, clean and well done.
    Also I would suggest you to shange the color of the text at your animation banner. Orange doesnt suite, IMHO, it hard to read,

Hope to see new arrivals in your folio.

Cheers!

Member #
    I really like the colors and the layout a lot. I think some of the fonts need to be smoother, the h1 for example.

Eve
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    More content required before I can make my mind up about it. Navigation-wise, it is simple and straightforward, but font colours for the navigation bar and the footer is too nondescript against the background. For the footer, I can't read the words "About" and "Services" against the dark green. The beige colour for your logo -- both the box symbol and the font -- doesn't match the background as much as I'd prefer it. Overall this is well-structured and designed aside from the details above.

Member #
    Site looks simple and clear. The font size is big.The flash you have used can distract the visitor from the main content. Think about it. Overall site looks nice.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Decent design. I agree with paulson about the flash. It's a distraction. The background looks great. The size and positioning of the content is excellent. Important things stand out when they need to. I would go with a different font though. Your logo is professionally made.

Also try to use different colors for the large headers to add life and color, instead of making it grey and dull.
    Carnavia is a Web Design Company that specializes in Web Design, Graphics and Internet Marketing. You can visit their Web Design Blog to learn more.

Member #
    over all I like your site. The background and colors are not too distracting, close but livable.
    People saying your text is too large must be looking at it on a 1024x768 monitor, on my screen it looks good.

- looking at your Services page - I would increase the amount of padding (or what ever you used for spacing) in your <div id="mainContent">, <div id="mainContentCtr">, etc to give a little more space between your text and the borders(?). The text in the <p> could be reduced a few .2ems

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads