Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey I did this site for the company I work for. It still needs a tiny bit of work here and there but its practically done.

Browser compatibility is pretty important to me so I worked at making the site look similar in all the major browsers included IE6 (here in South Africa people still use it).

Users are able to order various printers and signage related products. If they have already registered they are able to add there own products for listing on the site.

The site is powered by drupal which I find to be a absolutely great open source CMS for a variety of products.

Please let me know what you think =D

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Hi UNarmed,

The design looks great! Very sleek and professional. Especially love the splash of yellow on the top corner.

I don't think anything needs changing or tweaking. The only thing I would look at is making the footer the same style as the header. The purple looks to be a different shade, and doesn't have that white border and shadow.

Keep it up

Member #
    Hey RickM thanks for pointing that out! All fixed now =]

Main things i stil want to work on is sorting out the catalog images ... currently they are not very consistent. I figure ill cut out some images and sort of have them floating in the carousel or something.

Well thanks again, always great getting positive feedback on something i am proud of.

Member #
    I would be proud of that site if I had made it.

I like it, although the "p" in printer is kinda hard to look at, but that's just be being picky.

PS. This website makes me want to buy a laser engraver.

Eve
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Appearance-wise this is simple. The main design element is the logo and the stylised splotch behind the navigation bar. Both represent printer graphics, so they suit the purpose of your website. As you have noticed, the images used throughout the site do not look consistent. Also, some editing is required to correct grammatical errors and the halting style of writing. Change the font to a less generic one, since right now it looks like you are working off a template.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hey UNarmed,

I agree about the "P" in the logo, not really diggin' it, but that's not going to hinder the success of the site.

I think the heading "Home" on the home page really isn't doing anything there and looks kinda funny there by itself. It should be fairly obvious without it. which brings me to my next point...

There are two separate paths a visitor may want to go when they get to your site, which is "BUY" or "SELL". There should be prominent links to either of those paths on the homepage with maybe a graphic to go along with it. Right now nothing is leading me anywhere and nothing entices me to click further into the site. There is no "Call to Action" or persuasive text or banner that lures the visitor into the site. Remember, if visitors are scanning sites to shop around, you need to grab them with something to get them to spend time on the site. So for me, the home page needs some major strategy work as far as that goes.

You might even move the slider thing to the top of the page.

I see you have the "Latest Deal" there, with no price. Throw a price on there! If it's a deal, then show it right away!

I like how the catalogue has links to other categories, organized and simple.

The news page is really pretty boring! What does the Hollywood sign have to do with anything in the site? I guess I don't see much relevance with the news links and such.

I can't comment on the procedure to sell something as far as ease of use, but that would be obviously important. Can users buy and sell things without any hassles or "pain in the butt" procedures to complete a transaction.

Overall I think it needs work, mainly with persuasiveness and layout of the home page. Visually it's decent, especially the header.

Remove Ads