Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.3 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.3 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hi there

i run a website design company and i am looking for other website designers or other business people to review my site and tell me what Im missing - it seems i have hit a brick wall and need some help to improve my site.

We are a new company and it would be good to know what people think of the site and what they look for on a website when looking for a website design company.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Hi ibcwebtech!

You've got a nice site there. It's a clean, simple design with good navigation positioning.

The only problem/annoyance I found is that on my second screen, which has a softer color setting I was unable to differentiate between the content and background colors. My suggestion would be a slightly darker background.

Another change I would personally make is slightly bigger text, and padding below the feature box in the content area as the text touches it. Also, get your code up to the W3C standards.

Hope this helps, and keep up the design work!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by RickM View Post
    Hi ibcwebtech!

You've got a nice site there. It's a clean, simple design with good navigation positioning.

The only problem/annoyance I found is that on my second screen, which has a softer color setting I was unable to differentiate between the content and background colors. My suggestion would be a slightly darker background.

Another change I would personally make is slightly bigger text, and padding below the feature box in the content area as the text touches it. Also, get your code up to the W3C standards.

Hope this helps, and keep up the design work!
    How do you mean get your code upto w3c standard? how would i find this?

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    If you go to the following URL's it'll show you whats wrong:

CSS: W3C CSS Validator results for http://ibcwebtech.com (CSS level 2.1)
    XHTML: [Invalid] Markup Validation of http://ibcwebtech.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

Once they are fixed, the site will be W3C compliant (which is a very, very good thing to do on all websites)

Member #
    Site looks nice, content is clearly arranged. As you have used a light background, think about a dark color contrast for menu bar and the for the column at the right- pages or vice versa. A dark and light combination will look good. Navigation speed is very low, fix that problem.Increase the font size, I too feel its small. Overall good.

Member #
    I have just updated my porfolio section - please advise on what you think?

Banned
    Member #
    Hi there!

I do with previous posts that you definitely should switch to more darker font and it would be so much better to enlarge it and fix your loading speed (may be it is just mw and my PC, but still..slow to laod). Also, I'd change the font color which for now is bright blue....I found it too irritating....

But in general I like your website, Good job!

On HD in a computer, somewhere in NYC, NY, USA
    Member #
    It's a nice clean site with a few problems... Like the others have said about the fonts and the loading... I'm on FIOs and it loads slightly slow. The right side font should be a darker blue, imho. I'm sure by now you're working to clear some CSS and HTML validation errors... As for keeping me or potential client "glued" to the site (retention), what is the one factor that you want a potential client to take away from this site to remember so that they will return? What is the "WOW" factor? I'm not seeing it. But I'm sure you will figure it out.

I hope I don't come across as mean but this is my humble opinion which is worth 0 cent in the bank.

Member #
    - Layout is very clean and professional looking which i like.
    - I think you need some space between that header rotating image and the body content.
    - I think the gradient in the footer can be improved maybe a little smoother.
    - Not a fan of the underlined headings on the content pages.
    - As for your portfolio I think you need a more organized / clever way of presenting your work. Remember this is what is going to land your jobs.

Overall good start but you need to make some revisions to take your website to the next level! Keep developing your attention to detail.
    SAW Design

Don't forget to vote for us in the Site of the Month Competition!!

Member #
    Perhaps it's just my poor eye site but I found your website hard to read. Text is too light and too small.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads