Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

guys was after review of the home page. we wanting to make small tweaks to the site as in 2012 we launching another site. but the current one we thinking may need changing around to make it more better.

let me have your ideas

thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    First, I'm going to shine on the fact that you used a favicon.ico file. This means you are a detailed web designer, and details are good.

About Your Design:
    1. The font is too small. You can change the font type too. It's bland.

2. The colors need work. The blues don't go well with each other.

3. Nothing catches your attention. Maybe make a large header that explains what your site is about. (your visitors should know what your site is about within 5 seconds.)

4. The borders are not working out. And your site sections can be better positioned to be more visually appealing. You should incorporate a focal point and control your visitors eyes to look at the top first and make their way down so that they want to scroll down to read more. This is all about creativity so I can't be specific about this. Get inspiration by looking at templates.
    Carnavia is a Web Design Company that specializes in Web Design, Graphics and Internet Marketing. You can visit their Web Design Blog to learn more.

Member #
    Sorry I don't really have anything good to say...

1. CSS and Javascript should be on their own external files
    2. You should not be using tables - unless you are currently in the 1900's
    3. Colors don't match
    4. Text hard to read
    5. Yellow drop down menus hurt my head and they go behind the "upcoming events"
    6. Breadcrumbs are not click-able
    7. Images are really bad quality
    8. Images on homepage should be the same height
    9. The word "Today" in the header is cut-off
    10. Why do your titles have a ".::" in them?

There is probably more..

Member #
    When designing its best to check your site in Firefox, download the Web Developer Tools and then check your HTML /CSS code. Doing this will help find any errors that might have occurred during coding.

- Blue text on a blue background is hard to read, need white text
    - Yellow drop down menus hard to read in yellow. why is there a white border?
    - Drop downs should appear onrollover not onclick as I had no idea there were additional links there until I accidentally clicked on gallery
    - the header keeps changing, have no idea what the name of this site is
    - if using a thumbnail image never use a large image and use HTML to scale it down. Scale your thumbs in Photoshop to the correct size.

Member #
    rickzwebz - seems like you keep cutting and pasting the following into your answers:

"When designing its best to check your site in Firefox, download the Web Developer Tools and then check your HTML /CSS code. Doing this will help find any errors that might have occurred during coding."

Try and keep your replies original so you don't come off as someone just trying to increase their # of posts or advertise the Web Developers Tool way to much.

...just a thought.

Member #
    Can you change your pictures.

Member #
    nav menu makes it look older.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by yousaysomething View Post
    First, I'm going to shine on the fact that you used a favicon.ico file. This means you are a detailed web designer, and details are good.

About Your Design:
    1. The font is too small. You can change the font type too. It's bland.

2. The colors need work. The blues don't go well with each other.

3. Nothing catches your attention. Maybe make a large header that explains what your site is about. (your visitors should know what your site is about within 5 seconds.)

4. The borders are not working out. And your site sections can be better positioned to be more visually appealing. You should incorporate a focal point and control your visitors eyes to look at the top first and make their way down so that they want to scroll down to read more. This is all about creativity so I can't be specific about this. Get inspiration by looking at templates.
    Thanks for your above points, i will work on to increase font sie to whole site.
    You mentioned colours dont go well with each other. What you think i should do? change blue to something else or change font colour to white?

I think i will replace the header. I wasnt sure what you meant by the border not working?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by WPExplorer View Post
    Sorry I don't really have anything good to say...

1. CSS and Javascript should be on their own external files
    2. You should not be using tables - unless you are currently in the 1900's
    3. Colors don't match
    4. Text hard to read
    5. Yellow drop down menus hurt my head and they go behind the "upcoming events"
    6. Breadcrumbs are not click-able
    7. Images are really bad quality
    8. Images on homepage should be the same height
    9. The word "Today" in the header is cut-off
    10. Why do your titles have a ".::" in them?

There is probably more..
    Thanks for the comments...negative is usualy better
    1) would it be easy to extract css files from EACh pages and add to separate file now including Javascripts?
    2) what should i use other than tables? can i replace the site with something else other than tables quickly or is this a full site over haul?
    3/4) as mentioned above i will incrrease font size but may need ideas on how to make the colours better
    5) i think i need to replace menu completely.
    8) which images are you refering to?
    10) i am not sure why we have those dots...but would they cause issues if they their?

thanks again for your feedback

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rickzwebz View Post
    When designing its best to check your site in Firefox, download the Web Developer Tools and then check your HTML /CSS code. Doing this will help find any errors that might have occurred during coding.

- Blue text on a blue background is hard to read, need white text
    - Yellow drop down menus hard to read in yellow. why is there a white border?
    - Drop downs should appear onrollover not onclick as I had no idea there were additional links there until I accidentally clicked on gallery
    - the header keeps changing, have no idea what the name of this site is
    - if using a thumbnail image never use a large image and use HTML to scale it down. Scale your thumbs in Photoshop to the correct size.
    Thanks for advice..i was thinking white text as well..

I am not sure why but the menu i used you have to click first to expand, then for other menu the rollover will work but first you have to click it..i think i need to replace menu..but as its tight space...anyone got any ideas on how to get a menu their?

Quote Originally Posted by WPExplorer View Post
    rickzwebz - seems like you keep cutting and pasting the following into your answers:

"When designing its best to check your site in Firefox, download the Web Developer Tools and then check your HTML /CSS code. Doing this will help find any errors that might have occurred during coding."

Try and keep your replies original so you don't come off as someone just trying to increase their # of posts or advertise the Web Developers Tool way to much.

...just a thought.
    Thanks for that, i will have look.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCCheezy View Post
    nav menu makes it look older.
    as i said above...i will have look at few menu now..but some ideas on menu would be goood

Remove Ads