Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Sorry I forget to add the link!!!

Its am-plaza.com

Hello all,

I have made this website in 3D studio max. Made an interior room. The user can choose between the navigation or he can also interract with the room (like a navigation).

Please tell me if you find this good because most mystery websites dont have an nagivation menu (optional).

Do you like it? Do you find it good? Please help me. I will create another website like this and I need tips and comments.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Member #
    Please tell me if you find this good because most mystery websites dont have an nagivation menu (optional).
    Adding traditional navigation is like a bold underline that the mystery meat serves no purpose. You waste space that is better spent coming out and telling a visitor why they should hire you. (In text, graphics, and captions.

This can be an interesting technique, when used sparingly and in proper situations, but you're not using it that way.

My first impression is why, when the design concept demands huge amounts more knowledge of interaction design, the people who use this stuff have nearly none.

I encourage experimentation. But I discourage flailing around not knowing the history of what you're working with.

Try encouraging shopping behaviors with image callouts. That has the direct interest of a potential client with an ecommerce site.

Member #
    Observations and comments

Hey,

Firstly, I think you have made a good attempt with a great concept.

I don't entirely agree (or disagree for that matter) with DC856's post.

You could achieve similar results using HTML and CSS by creating div's and then applying appropriate css and images.
    Using the "a:hover {background-image:url('imagename.extension');} attribute and other little tricks.

Another option to explore is css Sprites.

Adding a bit of JavaScript could really add that little bit of flair that I think is needed in such heavy visual site. I prefer the jQuery frame work because it follows it's motto of 'Write less, Do more".

There are other benefits to be had by moving away from flash. such as loading time and device compatibility.

It's my personal opinion that hand coded website give the user a overall better experience. Having said that I have also been to some great flash sites and have come away thinking "if I could just do that..."

Hope these comments help.
    Kind regards,
    mje

Member #
    Thank you both for your comments!!!! It will help me a bunch! I'll try to implement the advice on the new project.

Member #
    I would take out the scrolling when you zoom into a portion. Looks wierd. I guess i'm kinda used to the clean flash look and the scroll bars are just bleh. Cool idea though.

Remove Ads