Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: please review

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey,
    ive been running through a few designs for my new business and most of them have been really packed full of info and graphics. So i thought that i could make 2 versions of my site. One complex version and a really simple version.

i have made about 3 designs for the simple version and this one seems to stick out a bit. I dont like it that much because it seems to waste alot of space.
    But please have a look and tell me what u think.

hypergalactic link

Member #
    So let me get this straight: this is one three designs for one of two versions of your site, and you don't like this design?

It's not a bad design, but it's not perfect. I dont like the scroll bar that appears in the design. The scroll bar creates some dead space on the right side of the design (where you put "2003"), as well as introduces usability issues associated with two scroll bars. A liquid design (length dependent on amount of content) would be a better option, IMO.

I'm not a fan of the font you've chosen for the nav. You're using images, so you might as well use a non-standard web font. Also, mouseovers would be cool. :ichatangel:

Those are my thoughts on this design. However, I'm not sure about the idea of two different designs for your site, because that would require a splash page and a choice on the visitors part. That's one extra step you're making your visitors take in the effort to get some information from your site.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    definitely stick w/ one layout/design. I like what you've got, but what spluff has said goes the same for what i have to say. If it's going to be a professional site, get rid of that font in the navigation. I like what you used for the main portion with the "portfolio..." That is a perfect style for this site.

Overall it's a pretty simple layout and design. If you're tryin' to pimp a design business, you'd better add a little more flare...15 pieces won't do here. Kick up your header a notch, and definitely ditch the iframe. Your layout is small, you'd be better served to expand it vertically.

It's a cool design, I'm interested to see what it'll look like with some content. Keep going...you've got a great start!

Member #
    thanks guys.
    the chances of me using this design are very slim.
    i have never been a fan of iFrames but i thought i would give it a go.

i will work on another design and post it here in the future.

Member #
    I really like the design, Its very cool.

One thing, if your offering "professional" webdesign, you want to get a proper host, and domain name. It looks tacky otherwise.

Member #
    oh yes of coarse.
    i will have domain name but i just always use that subdomain to test all my sites when in BETA.
    haha i would never use a long url for a professional site..

thanks for the positive comments. i think i will save that design for a future client.

cheers

Remove Ads