Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

We have finally launched our long overdue new website at <REMOVED!>

All feedback is welcome.

Member #
    I have to say, it looks really good. I can't come up with too many suggestions.

Although, have you noticed the "undefined" coming up in the dynamic area of the header when you first load it?
    Win.ly: A scientific/statistical approach to win prizes online.

Member #
    Hi, you have used a very strong background color. Think about decreasing the intensity of the color and I feel 2-3 colors are more than enough for a website. you have used multiple colors in the site which might distract visitors. Slightly increase the font size of the content below every headline. Otherwise Overall appearance of the site is fine. Navigation is smooth. I give 6 out of 10.

Member #
    Its a bit busy but overall I think the design is good. The package or service ads in the middle could be blended a bit better I think. I like the rollovers and the content on the other pages seems to be laid out nicely as well!
    SAW Design

Don't forget to vote for us in the Site of the Month Competition!!

Member #
    Its a pretty good start. I do have a few comments though...Everyone always says the positive stuff, so I will try and give you some real suggestions

1. Why did you slice up your image into little pieces rather then using absolute positioning for the whole image?

2. Most the site is table-less but then you sneak in some tables. You should stick with div containers as tables are a bit "heavier" and not as seo friendly and harder to style.

3. The pink is a bit overwhelming. I think a neutral background color would be better. Unless your only customers are women.

4. I don't think anyone is going to be interested in "sharing" a webhosting page on twitter, buzz, facebook...etc. So I think loading that javascript is just slowing your site down and decreasing your text-code ratio

5. You should make the blog look more like the original site. Right now it looks like the old default theme "Kubrick" with a changed header. Makes me wonder if you company is cutting corners and if my hosting service will also be "half-as*ed".

6. The links at the bottom are basically lists. You should organize these into lists then. <ul>,<ol>

7. Takes too many clicks until I can order something. Reducing this could help increase purchases

8. Title-Tags are Extremely long

9. Typography needs some work - hard to read at times, really small, headings don't really stand out

10. Logo link goes home, but some people may have trouble figuring this out

...there are some things to get you started.

Good luck!

Member #
    I won't repeat suggestions made by the others, it's an attractive site that loads fast. Just one biggie drawback--it's very unprofessional to offer your corporate logo as graphic files. You might as well put out a "Here's Your Sign" for logo thieves....(not that it couldn't be easily enough recreated, but still...)

Member #
    Not bad

Member #
    The only thing I want to offer is to try positioning the elements in the right hand side-bar a little more evenly. So that the different sections line up with sections on the left. I find it a little distracting that they don't but I understand that it probably has the exact opposite effect for other people.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Just one biggie drawback--it's very unprofessional to offer your corporate logo as graphic files. You might as well put out a "Here's Your Sign" for logo thieves
    How can you do a logo if not an image? Do you mean just making a div and putting the image in with the CSS?
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    How can you do a logo if not an image? Do you mean just making a div and putting the image in with the CSS?
    The original poster had their logo as a psd available for download (looks like that has been removed). Why would a business offer up their branding source files to the general public???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads