Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

We got someone to build us a brand new website for our fitness store and it is almost ready. However, me and my partner are not 100% sure about the website. I can see something is not right and my business partner just hates it. Can you guys please advice what is wrong it and what could be done to improve it?

[ Fitness Avenue ]

Best regards,
    Eddie

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi, I like your marketing idea, but to my mind your website lacks coloration - try to add some tints of red and orange colors - they will harmonize with black color.

jj1
    Member #
    A few things that strike me:

1 Your website should have some sort of "slogan" to tell people at a glance what you are and why you are so good - eg "Quality fitness equipment for sale", "fitness equipment for sale at LOW, LOW prices" etc

2 It says to view our selection of treadmills, yet when I try to click there is no link to a treadmill page

3 Menu items - when you hover over them, it's nice if they change slightly (eg text changes colour or background changes colour)

4 The grey and red colour scheme doesn't really do much to sell your equipment.

5 The photo of the treadmill is fine for a back page but why not get a some really glossy pictures for your home page - people using your equipment in a real setting. That would add far more life to your home page. If you don't have any photos of your own, try a cheap gallery like 123 Royalty Free - Stock Image and Photo Subscription.

6 The dark grey squares at the bottom have black writing over them which is almost illegible - white writing would work far better.

7 For SEO purposes, you need some form of text on the pages; also rather than a <title> tag of "Fitness Avenue", you need some keywords in there. I couldn't seem to see the source code so I don't know if the designer has worked keywords into <h1> and <h2> tags (heading and subheading tags) that are quite powerful in SEO.

I'm afraid my overall feeling is that I don't like the design very much - I personally think that some form of glossy design with stripped away images on back pages would serve you better. But that's just my personal opinion.

Hope some of this helps.

Member #
    Thank you all for your help

Thank you all for your honest opinions, ideas and tips. I will forward it to my web designer and I hope that he will put all your ideas in a good use.

Best regards,
    Eddie

Member #
    Cool idea ... all the best
    Murali
    http://www.evhub.in/forum Forum for Electric vehicles Enthusiasts
    http://ww.evhub.biz Media portal for Electric vehicles

Member #
    it is not to bad.

Member #
    I agree with jj1 to be honest.
    Some kinda slogan could add to the header and the grey / red I feel always looks too corporate.

This site Buy Treadmills, Cross Trainers, Exercise Bikes and Rowing Machines - Cheap, Low Prices that I found after a few google searches has lot more colour to it and doesn't look too corporate and IMO looks alot better for the types of products your selling.
    That;s my 2 cents anyhow.
    Mike Barlow
    WDF Co-Owner

Need help? PM Me!

Member #
    1. The browser titles of this site (what you see when you bookmark a page) never change. The search engines use these as part of the placement decision making. It's very important that each page have its own browser title. It would be like picking up a book in the bookstore and upon reviewing the table of contents finding all the chapters had the same title.

2. As jj1 mentioned about the "slogan", I concur. I don't think of it so much as a slogan as I do "instant message.", which when placed in the header, serves the purpose of informing new visitors what you can do for them. Right now, the header, as nice as it looks, isn't contributing that much to visitor's understanding of "what's here for me?"

(Do not depend on users taking the time to deduce the benefits of using your site by exploring. Some will, some won't. Best to make it simple for the users.).

And so the header might have something as simple as "Fitness Supplies and Accessories".
    Rick Dieffenbach
    www.ProfessionalWebsiteReview.com
    Tutorials for reviewing your website

www.allureiw.com
    Web Design and Development

Member #
    I know this is unrelated, but you can get some good deals on workout equip!

Remove Ads