Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Transfer Question

Hello all...

I am new to the forum and website design so please be easy on me. Iím just having fun and thatís all that matters right!

I have a few questions:

I am making a template for my website in Photoshop. I am going to use FrontPage to put it all together. What is the best way for me to transfer my template from Photoshop to FrontPage?

Here is what I tried. I saved the entire graphic as a BMP and it opened it in FrontPage by inserting a picture. The template opens with no problems but the page does not fill up the entire FrontPage site. I made the page 780x600 so itís not a size problem. There is a white border (the background) around the "webpage picture". It looks like FrontPage has margins on it and I cant drag the web template all the way left or to the top. I tried to crop the image but still no luck. I figure I am doing something wrong and before I start pulling my hair out I should try and seek advise.

Anywho, what is the best way for this transfer? And please feel free to lay down some knowledge on me of anything that might help me in the process.

Oh ya another question...

I am making the buttons for the site in Photoshop. Should I just make the buttons text free and then add text in FrontPage or make each button individually with its assigned text?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me...

Shane

Member #
    The way to port your design to frontpage is by slicing it up, and then saving it for web. It's hard to explain the art of slicing, but you want to slice things up like your banner, then the nav, and the content section. If you're going to have buttons, those should each be their own slice. To get the slice tool up, press "K". After your design is sliced, go to File > Save for Web, select your optimized settings and click ok, then give the site a file name. Photoshop will slice your design and create a number of image files, and create an html file that puts all of the images together in a table to recreate your design. Open up this html file in Frontpage and start editing.

As a sidenote: Frontpage isn't the best editor, I wouldn't recommend it. Dreamweaver is my editor of choice, but if you can't afford it, look around for some free editors. I think there was a "free editor" thread, but I can't seem to find it.

Here is a tutorial on making a website, it mentions slicing and what to do after you've sliced your design too. Check it out.

Remove Ads