Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Howdy,

So my job was to do a full redesign of Cal State San Bernardino's Recreational Sports website which was pretty poorly done in the first place with the template, but as for the back end php and all is very intensive and decently coded. Anyhow, the current website is: Recreational Sports - Home where you'll see their current template up and with everything working. The redesign that I created exists at Recreational Sports where the template has been coded and styled but not all the features of the current website are currently surfacing. Let me know how it looks. Thanks

jj1
    Member #
    The design looks nice overall. One comment though - on my browser (I keep a computer with ie6 for testing), the Outdoor menu option appears underneath the Home menu option - it would be way better to have this on the same line as the other menu options.

You also "waste" the space opposite the logo - which you could use for some sort of brief info/slogan - repeating the search button that you have at the top, the Home button that you have elsewhere; the other menu options - imo - should go with 1 of the 2 menu lines you have above. IMO having 3 different places for menu options isn't so good.

I also feel that you need some good introductory text on Home page where the Announcements currently are - they could be off to the right or left.

One slight point about the rotating images - I find it - a bit - annoying that the grey band with the text (at bottom of image) appears about a second after the image - imo it would be better to incorporate this intot he image so the image and text appears together.

Hope some of this helps.

Member #
    Your site is certainly well done, but I would agree with much of what JJ said. In addition, in Firefox your main menu dropdown is difficult to read. Might consider using a stronger contrast in the color theme, and maybe make your text bold.

Still a nice job, as it sits.

Remove Ads