Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everyone !
    Im new to web disign in general, so any feetback will be apreciated !

Were using CS 5 for everithing...

P.S. is there a way to title the enlarged pictures in thickbox ?

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    It's a nice looking site - just a couple of comments:

I'd like to see more detailed contact info, I have no idea where the 941 area code is and I had to search for the Sarasota location.

Also, I always recommend separate stylesheets - if Dreamweaver doesn't want to let you edit that part of the page, do it in some other editor, like Notepad++ so you can circumvent the non-editable parts of the Dreamweaver template.

And for better SEO, take a look at your content text and try to put your keywords into <h1> or at the least <h2> tags. If you don't want them to look different from the rest of the text on the page, fine - just style the <h1> and <h2> tags the same as the main font - this way the search engines will find your keywords for indexing and the text will keep the same look.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Thanks a lot AlphaMare, very usefull input! I do understand the point about the tags and contact info, but a little confused about what will i gain by separating style****s ?

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you keep your stylesheets separate, it does a couple of things:

It allows you to keep formatting elements separate from functional elements.

For example, the <h1> tags are designed to be used for headers, and are very important for SEO. However, many web designers don't want to use the default font and size, and as a result make headers appear within <font></font> tags instead of using the header tags. As a result, the document gets crowded with formatting code, you lose any SEO advantage, and any change made in one header has to be made to all headers across the whole site! With an external stylesheet, your html pages will be cleaner and you'll be using the right tags for the function (eg, a <h1> for a header, etc) instead of filling up your document with all sorts of formatting code.

At the same time, it allows you to easily keep the same formatting across the whole site. If you want all your text in regular paragraphs to be dark grey instead of black, you just change the stylesheet and the change is in place across the site. Now you won't have to go through every single file on your website to make the changes, and possibly accidentally forget one!

You can use different stylesheets for different browsers. IE is famous for needing hacks and workarounds to get things to display correctly. You can create a stylesheet just for that, and solve a lot of problems.

For more, go read this article
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Background is waaaaaay too dark

Go for a much lighter and more subtle BG color in the main body (e.g. light gray)

Member #
    Yeah looks awesome it just is a bit hard to read with black on brown. What would...dare i say...a lighter color look like as text? or like others said lighten up the BG color

Member #
    With a lighter color scheme and some formatting with the wall of text on the homepage would improve this site.

Member #
    Color combinations has to be worked on... all the best
    Murali
    http://www.evhub.in/forum Forum for Electric vehicles Enthusiasts
    http://ww.evhub.biz Media portal for Electric vehicles

Member #
    Thanks everyone for useful input, will defenetaly consider all your advices !!!

P.S. By the way, is IE is the most popular browser, should i prioritize IE when designing a web site ???

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It looks like it was made on the book "simple html" or smth like that. Maybe it is ok for the first site. But you have much to work on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads