Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lor
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

www.VMSBASS.com

I was just at someone's house, and the initial page didn't load the single image, nor the link to the rest of the site. It works fine on IE, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla, and Macs, so I am really stumped. I don't know much about his OS, except that it is Windows; XP, 2000, 98SE, I really don't know. If you have problems, please let me know your specifications.

Oh, and general feedback is welcome too :-)

And one more thing ... the background tiles should be a dark grey color. Please let me know if it isn't for you (my friends browser was rendering it as brownish).

Member #
    i like the design, its nice and simple which is always a good thing.

on your index page all i got was your header.

Lor
    Member #
    Thanks,Bun

The header is that is supposed to be there. And what really stumps me about it not functioning on my friends computer is that the index page is as simple and basic as you can get; there's hardly anything on it, and it is all written in plain old html.

Member #
    I got it, it just took a second to load.

On your banner, I think you should make the image a little shorter on the right side so it doesn't stick above the black scroller.
    I am a 13 year old graphics designer. I would love to make anyone who requests a logo for a price that we can discuss. I have taught myself how to make graphics. I made the winning entry for WebScalpel.com.

Member #
    The homepage loaded for me. It looks good, but I have a few suggestions:
    1. I don't like the link color. It's hard to read against the bg you've chosen.
    2. The font you've chosen for your nav is pretty basic, and it's a little too big for my taste. You're using images, so you can use any font you want. Mouseovers wouldn't hurt the nav either (I suggest that for everyone though :ichatangel).
    3. In your banner, the text could be a little darker (making it bold may work). If it's not pure black, that may help too. I think if it stood out a little more, it wouldn't hurt.
    4. The table cell w/ "July 2, 2003" in it isn't aligned with the table cells on the left and right of it. I think it would look better if all three of these were aligned across the top.

The bg showed up dark gray and black for me. Nice work on the site.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Code:
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
    Evil. Evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil.

The only thing that I can see that's wrong with it is that your DOCTYPE isn't defined before the HTML tag. That's not an overly big deal but in some cases it can mess up a machine. The other thing that may have happened is he may have had something running that had crashed or used up excessive resources. Try it again on his/her machine but off of a clean boot.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Lor
    Member #
    hehe, I might as well be using notepad with all the hand written and pasted script I use; so FP isn't really doing much of anything (I don't think! :cross-eyed: ).

What's all this DCOTYPE stuff? Anywhere you recommend I can read up on it?

Spluf,

thanks for pointing out the link color; the homepage had the wrong color set for the links; should be darker now. Working on aligning the top (nested tables causing me some problems ... I will fix it if it doesn't take too long, since it doesn't really bother me enough:-P

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Is the image on a different server from the rest of the site? That could explain it not loading sometimes.

Lor
    Member #
    No, it is in the same place as the rest of the site. I am starting to think it has something to do with his machine. I have another site I had him check out. While everything loaded fine, the background color (black) was rendered brown; black is just a basic color that every OS and browser can render easily; so the fact that his isn't doing so makes me think he's got some problems. Perhaps he just needs to delete his cookies and/or his temp internet files? I know that not doing this every now and again can cause some bizarre errors.

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    here is the different doctypes explained

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp

Your site looks good, but i see Times New Roman

Keep up the good work
    JR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads