Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi friends,

How to find a good web designer?
    Please review my site find-a-web-designer.com. It is a web design and development site. Here you get good designer and get customized web solutions service. Please post your opinion about this site's layout, design...........
    Thanks in advanced

Member #
    Hi Liza,

I guess the thing that strikes me the most has to do with some vagueness in what "Find-a-Web-Designer" actually does. Although I took a few minutes to read some of the details of your site to fill in the gaps in my understanding, I feel that the header on the site needs to be reworked so that the basic premise of why I should bother spending time on this site is instantly understandable.

Is Find a Designer a system where I can post my requirements and thousands of eager, independent web designers review my requirements and are presented to me through some kind of "filter"? (I think the answer to this is no.)

Or is Find a Designer a web firm of some undefined size where I ask you for information concerning my web project, and you reply to my inquiry, offering services.

I'm not trying to comment on the business model - just on the fact that vagueness about find a designer's true business benefit to me as a possible consumer of web design services.

I think the matter could be rectified by reworking the message line "Find Designer of Your Choice Available on a short term and long term basis" to something more of a benefit to me, e.g,

"Find-a-Designer simply works. They provide the right web design when I need them at the right price. - Mark O' Toole, Customer of Find a Web Designer"

(This may not be the most brilliantly written message, but I think it drives the message home about the real benefits of using Find a Designer.

If you wanted to get fancy, you could have alternating rotating custom quotes like that one, at least on the home page.
    Rick Dieffenbach
    www.ProfessionalWebsiteReview.com
    Tutorials for reviewing your website

www.allureiw.com
    Web Design and Development

Member #
    good work!

Member #
    Very nice

I like the overall appearance of your site. I used FF3 and it worked well and seemed very pretty. Here are some of my first thoughts:

1) The header seems really large. Maybe you could reduce it a little. Right now, it seems to overwhelm the page. I am using a 1024X768 resolution.
    2) You could make the "View profile and fees", "View our work" and "Get a quote now" buttons have a hover state and change as the mouse hovers over them.
    3) The "View our profile and fees" and "Get a quote" buttons seem to indicate redundant functionality. I would suggest simplifying to having either one or the other.
    4) Eliminate the word "Fees" redundantly on the web_profile.php page. Instead make it a "Pricing" column and only say "pricing" once. For me, calling it "fees" seems harsh and more emphasis on the cost and less on the value you are offering. Always maximize the value you are providing to the customer.
    5) Flesh out your sitemap more.
    6) Add Twitter and Facebook accounts and use social media to great effect.
    7) The name of the site itself "Find a Web Designer" suggests that the user will be doing some kind of a search for a designer (perhaps even in their local area). I don't see any kind of search function on your site that allows users to find anything through search. I would suggest renaming your site.
    8) Also, your site name includes hyphens. That will make it hard for you to market your site. I suggest getting a new name and rebranding yourself unless you have already made a heavy investment in marketing and printed materials.
    9) Here is your Nibbler report:

www.find-a-web-designer.com scores 5.1 - Free Report by Nibbler

You earned a 5.1

You are on a great track. Keep up the good work!

Member #
    Where to start... there are lots of corrections needed. The color schemes are excellent however...

1) The homepage is the most important page.. you need to give more of an overview of what your entire business offers in briefs... and the wording that you have is a LOT of beating around the bush without saying anything important...

E.G. (Your Wording) Experienced Designer Only

We offer relevant designer profiles with proven track records whom you can interview before employing. Thus you employ an experienced designer with right skills that suite your requirement and that too at a nominal cost.

E.G. (Better Wording) Offering a variety of experienced designers with proven track records. Take a seat and interview our designers to find who is right for you at nominal cost.

2) Whats up with the horrible sounding english in the header? Find Designer of Your Choice? that doesn't sound good nor describe to much.. why not "Hire Designer of Choice" and the text is WAY to large. Also since the header is so huge you should change the wording on each different page visited so it tells useful info about that page rather than repeat the same Find Designer of Your Choice across every page... if you are going to repeat the same across all pages then the header needs to be about half the size..

3) on Profile and Fees there isnt any reason you should have the sidebar on the right.. its very repetitive and makes the page look extremely busy and crunched

4) on Contact Us the text that says "To get in touch with the right designer for your business, please fill in the form below:" that's just so ridiculously annoying that you made the last word blue.. keep it all black or remove the word below

Also on a contact form.. having Organization Name is unnecessary .. it will confuse ppl because lots of ppl starting aren't even a registered business

Email id???? What??? Why not Email Address: Don't stray away from familiar things... it really throws ppl off and makes them leave rather than finish...

The top half of the form is very nice... the bottom "Requirement Information" should be labeled something different like Service Details or Detailed Information and all on 1 line also it looks horrible... everything needs to be on separate lines

I could go on but my fingers hurt.. lol

Member #
    what is the link? i don't see it?

Member #
    good looking website but you lack typography...should work more on that area

Member #
    Hi,

Impressive work, this site looks very informative and interesting too.
    Good job.

Thanks.

Member #
    Its a nice site! Easy to use and straight to the point, I like the graphics you've used and the twitter bird!
    | Todd Fraser
    | http://www.toddfraser.co.uk
    | toddfraserdesign.wordpress.com

Member #
    It's a pretty good design. I am adding one thing : on the gallery page double click decreases the image -i would suggest to keep it simple for the user and add X button
    ToThePoint Solution Web Design Company - To-The-Point Web Solutions built with 100% focus on the business needs.
    Unicorn CMS - essential functionality and the stable foundation for building your website!

Remove Ads