Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So I've tried making quite a few of the sorts of sites that teenagers who kinda just stumble upon web development and whatnot try making; a fansite, a web comic, a personal site/blog.

I guess now I've made How to be Epic, a submission-based site that sort of borrows from FML and whatnot a bit for parody How To's based on a 3-step format.

The intention was to create a site this time that my friends and I could participate in together.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on improving the site. =)

Member #
    The intention was to create a site this time that my friends and I could participate in together.
    Then why are you venturing outside that group for an opinion?!

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on improving the site
    1. Post to forums for critique and advice when it is obviously spam for signups

2. Convince yourself you did not waste your time building a site through registrations

3. Profit! By monetizing with adsense because you posted everything you and your friends could come up with in like five minutes ...and now you're bored again.

Epic.

Member #
    Well, it'd be fairer for me to say the original intention was to create a site for me and my friends to enjoy, I suppose. Or maybe that the intended audience was people like my friends and me.

True, friends enjoyed it for a bit then kinda got bored of it. Now kinda looking to see if I can do anything with the site beyond that. I guess that makes your response pretty dead-on. XD

But regardless, the site is critiqueable, no? Like if you don't think the premise of the site could hold up very long, then it's good for me to know that I might want to consider conjuring up something different. =P

Member #
    True, friends enjoyed it for a bit then kinda got bored of it.
    Well, I am either psychic or I may have seen this cycle a few dozen times.

But regardless, the site is critiqueable, no?
    No. Exactly what would a critique be about for a site with no point but using up a few idle minutes? That did happen -- the site did achieve its purpose.

Um ...congratulations. You can now sell the site to AOL for one billion dollars.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Easiest way to be epic... Epic Fail.

Banned
    Member #
    well I will try to be honest with you. That type of site is actually the up and coming and if you can improve your site ,it could be like fml, statuscrap, 6 billion secrets. The whole trick is to attract traffic to your site off google adwords or other big PPC ads. I think it is a neat idea, but looks a little blan and could use more functions.

Member #
    Personally, I think it's a good idea. You have the idea, you have your prototype design. Now improve your design and broaden your market. Set up a Facebook page, link to it. Twitter etc. I could see you making some money out of this. I feel excited for some reason after viewing the site. And hey, if you need anyone to go in on this with you, I'm there. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Thank you very much for the feedback guys; I appreciate it. I will think of ways to spice up the site design and whatnot.

Also, being probably more experienced than I in this sort of thing, do you guys have any specific suggestions at all for improving the appearance of the site? =P

Edit: Oh I caught this submissions from 'cheers' earlier today and couldn't help but wonder if it was from one you guys. XD

How to be an Epic Failure
    1. Create a website called "How to be Epic"
    2. Spam your link everywhere you can
    3. Despite your efforts, watch your website sink

Banned
    Member #
    I dont understand why someone would post that. I would make it like contests to people that might submit the best epic result gets a 50 dollar gift card. That would draw some traffic.

Remove Ads