Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New Here

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    3.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everyone I am new here.

My website design company is called: TreeLifeDesigns

We are an affordable website design company. We specialize in small businesses, but can do everything.

Rate our design and website

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    First thing is I really like your logo. I think you do it an injustice at the top by putting it inside those trees. I think a brighter green for your bars, background and your titles would look a bit more inviting. The other thing I noticed is that your website tab looks like it is active on the home page and the website page. I also did not see a meta description tag on the home page.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    First - welcome to WDF!

I like the design, however it has a slight unfinished feel to it. The overall layout of everything is fine, but the graphics make it seem too cartoon like. It doesn't give the impression of professionalism.

Personally I would use a different, more traditional standard font for your navigation bar and headers. The text headers could do with being a bit darker to make them easier to read.

The site also has a bug in Safari 5 - you can vertical scroll another 100% of the page width to a blank area.

Also, a heads' - the site isn't W3C compliant on XHTML or CSS. Personally I don't trust/use the CSS validation as its not yet been updated for the parts of CSS3 functionality that exist. You should aim to get it XHTML valid, at least to XHTML Transitional.

Hope this helps!

Member #
    Hi treelifedesigns,
    Well, my first impression was "hmm.. this is a nice looking site". i like the vivid colors and the menus. It's definitely eye-catching. But one second after I realized it's actually a web design company and this is not the way to attract your visitors. It too childish for a web design company. In a highly competitive sector as the website design sector you must look professional and reliable and this website does not convey those words to your audience. It will be perfect site for a kindergarten.

The second thing. You advertise yourself as programmers and web designers but what about invalid XHTML and the contact form ( the fields on the contact form would look very nice if they were aligned).
    ToThePoint Solution Web Design Company - To-The-Point Web Solutions built with 100% focus on the business needs.
    Unicorn CMS - essential functionality and the stable foundation for building your website!

Member #
    very cool, I love this vector art style! If i could draw i would create similar websites to this!
    How did you create the button that appears on the right to take you back to the top?
    | Todd Fraser
    | http://www.toddfraser.co.uk
    | toddfraserdesign.wordpress.com

Banned
    Member #
    Well we decided to go with a cartoon vector art feel because of the overload of professional designs out there already. It actually worked so far, I have had a lot of people request quotes and comment on how it was nice to see something different. I will have to take a look at the bug in safari and I know i have some coding issues, and need to get compliant in everything.. Thanks for the reviews!

Remove Ads