Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This home page has been done and re-done. Hopefully this is the last (but I doubt it) time. I think it is too busy; but am not sure how to un-buzy it or make it more user friendly.

Any suggestions (good, bad or very bad) are greatly appreciated...especially when it comes to seo.

Thanks.

Member #
    Well, nothing in your home page stands out from the crowd. The page consists of so many elements, even the header which is one element is fractured in small pieces. Change the header.

Prioritize what you want user to see. Don't expect to be interested in everything in your page, especially in your case when website can't grab the attention at first 2 seconds (most probably because of you trying to stress out on too many things).

Also stop force people to share! (you have 3 different ways for them to share) If people want to share they will do it. It's a way too much and make your home page looks heavy. Keep the home page simple; after all its purpose is to explain the user what your website is about and tell the people that they are in the right place to look for the needed information. Emphasize on the navigation and arrange the elements in a way that stresses out on the most important content. Give the user a hint from where to start reading. Use high contrast to point the user to the first things you want to see.

Also make you logo clickable not the whole header. I've got the impression that will take me somewhere in the internal pages.
    ToThePoint Solution Web Design Company - To-The-Point Web Solutions built with 100% focus on the business needs.
    Unicorn CMS - essential functionality and the stable foundation for building your website!

Member #
    I appreciate your input. It is very helpful and I have thought that maybe there was too much info.

I will eliminate the share option and leave the floating bar on the bottom. Does that work?

However; I am still not sure how to set up the page. Do I use small icons with a blurb of copy for each item? similar to the Yahoo set-up? Or do you know a site that will give me a direction? Thanks again.

Member #
    Well, I don't think Yahoo is the best example you should follow. Why do you insist on having so much information on the home page and why don't you just highlight the main point and make your navigation bigger to let your visitors choose what they want to read by themselves. The home page should tell visitor what your website is about (the faster they get it, the better it is).

Anyway, there are a lot of templates in the web; choose one you like and follow their steps, i think this should lead you to better result.

Other way you can contact me via PM or email
    ToThePoint Solution Web Design Company - To-The-Point Web Solutions built with 100% focus on the business needs.
    Unicorn CMS - essential functionality and the stable foundation for building your website!

Member #
    Excellent advice. Thanks.

Member #
    I agree with "tothepoint". Nice Job BTW

Member #
    Its okay but...

Hi,
    A few things strike me about this site.
    Fristly, It's way too cluttered. It took me a third look at the homepage to grasp exactly what the site is about. The logo seems overshadowed by nearly everything else on the page.
    Secondly, When I hover over the drop down menu links, the text goes white. This is barely visible with the light blue background. Change this. I also think the Wibya bar, although useful, is not relevant for this site. Like who would want to play games on a Home Interior Design site?
    If you are interested in the Facebook Like Button, it's really easy to add a standalone button to all your pages without the Wibya bar.

If I were you, I would also remove the advertisments for now. Make your primary aim to be bulding up a user base and visitors, not making money. Then when the site gets more visitors re introduce the advertisements.

Hope I wasnt too critical. Im actually a nice person. :knockedout:
    Best of luck.

Member #
    Great critique. I'm sure you are nice; but critiques are supposed to show flaws.

I can't remove the advertising because it is paid.

I wil remove the Wibiya bar, although it has given me some search results and add the Twitter and ohe social icons.

The menu bar is being corrected.

The layout is being re-designed to make it less complex and confusing. I am looking at some templaes to see what might work.

Thanks.

Member #
    My main observation is that it's very difficult when you first visit the site to understand what you guys do. The headings aren't sufficiently different from the rest of the page to give the user direction. I would concentrate on achieving a good text hierarchy so that users read the information on the page in the order you want them to. At the minute, everything is fighting to get attention at the same time which makes it seem very cluttered.

Remove Ads