Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    3.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have very basic HTML skills (that i learned oh, 5/6 years ago in high school) but i have managed to get a pretty nice (i think) website up. I am pretty sure i got my SEO pretty good, and everything seems to operate smoothly, but i am totally in the clouds with all this stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, both on the websites look, and most importantly my inferior script writing! Thanks very much from the ULTIMATE Nazareth tribute - Kings Horses!

to view my script work ,i will either have to send you the .txt/.html file or you can always, click ->view ->script
    while your at the page.

Member #
    is the site so bad that no one wants to take on the challenge? lol

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    To be honest, I don't know much about Nazareth, and so I can't say if the site design relates to the band. I don't care for the colours, but that is a very personal thing, and they may be exactly the colours of one of the album covers or something.

On a less subjective point, I do feel the site is lacking in information. It comes across as pure advertising - links to your social networks, show dates and booking info are there, but no "about us" to give the visitor some feeling for who the band is and why they were formed, etc. And the only contact information is either for bookings or donations - there is no "send us a line if you liked our last performance" sort of thing. You need to warm up the tone of the site, and get your visitors interested in your band by offering more information and interaction, or they will bounce. Don't count on everyone going to the effort of checking you out on Facebook.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Thanks for the input. I hope to design the site eventually and change the colors, but I'm just trying to get everything up and running for now. I was mostly looking for critique on my programming and SEO but you made good points that won't be overlooked. I was thinking, as a way to personalize the site do you think a blog would help? And how would one go about that

Member #
    I was looking a the page and what I was missing was a purpose. All I saw was some covers and social media links. I think it would be great if you'd add some more content, and ask yourself why would someone want to go to the page.

Maybe you can add a page with past and present concerts, a gallery with tour pictures stuff like that that offers more information. Right now I would honestly say, I'd not visit the site again...

Remove Ads