Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.3 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey Guys,

Would appreciate some feedback about my new site. Likes/Dislikes, all comments welcome.

www.alihitch.com

Thanks,
    Ali

P.S. I haven't done the 404 page yet, everything else should be good though!
    Ali Hitch

Portfolio & Tutorial Site
    www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I really like your big header graphic, and I like the numbering above the links in the navigation. I like the layout and content - the CSS sprites explanation was useful!

The one big drawback - I have aging eyes, and I find the light text on dark background to be much more tiring to read than dark on light. So, while I will be coming back to check out the site (I have you bookmarked), I won't be staying on it as long as I normally would.

Overall a very good experience, and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Good point, thanks! I think I may add an option to change the content view, the ability to flip 'article view' on and off. Article view would be white background, dark text. Just need to figure out how to do it

Ali
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    i am one of the rare that love a dark theme. me likes a lot. big header looks accidental tho. the rest i found really pleasing. will be keeping an eye.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Ha, thanks Dorky. That means a lot as I now that you are a hard man to please!

Yes, I agree. That header does need to be changed - on the list

Ali
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Ummm ...thanks. One way to get your post count up I suppose.

AlphaMare, hopefully you will be staying a bit longer when you visit the site again. New feature to help your eyes out, take a look

Ali
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Hi - I went and checked out the PhotoshopHD tut. I see what you are trying to do, but when I clicked on the "Switch Post View" button, it darkened the text, but did not lighten the background, rendering it unreadable.

Also - PLEASE don't autoplay anything with sound - I was browsing at 3 AM while my family slept - forgot I had put my speakers on quite loud earlier in the day - had to leap up and fumble for the volume.

That said, good article - makes me wish I could afford to upgrade from CS4...
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    My comments:

The light effects behind the "Designer.Developer" text are distracting and the picture is rather large to be sitting in the middle of the page taking up all that real estate. My screen is quite large so I can see the text below, but at 1024x728 the main text of your site goes well below the fold.

The difference in color between "WHo am I? What do I do..." @ #444 and the actual explanation @ #666 is noticeable and in my opinion not necessary. It brings yet another text color into your site. I think "Who am I?" @ #666 font-weight:700 would bring more attention to the question, and stay on track with your text color scheme. Also, the "Who am I?" explanation paragraph has a top margin on it which drops it below the vertical alignment with the other two columns.

Overall, I think it looks good!

Member #
    Wow, there are some pretty severe/annoying problems showing up in FireFox and IE that I had not checked.

Will get back to you when all fixed, apologies!
    Ali Hitch

www.alihitch.com

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    the dif in text color is a visual separator of head/description and the actual underlying content. usually done by h1234 tags. but i see nothing wrong with visual separation there. without it i could see it blending into the everyday bland sites that plague the web and bore me to death.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads