Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

I just updated my site, and I would like to have your comments about the graphic as the contents are still to be completed.

Thanks!

Member #
    your site is cool...
    good work

Member #
    Thanks
    I hope to finish the content and the Italian and Spanish translation by the end of the month.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    What's the point of having ads on your site?

Member #
    Hi Steven,

if you mean the google ads, is just because these are though times and every singl penny could make the difference...but I placed them in a very discreet way as this is not obviously the goal of the site.
    Do you think they are so evident?

Thanks.

Luca Carena

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    nobody is going to buy a product from you if you are advertising for others on your company website unless your site is that of a vendor. you should also take a look at who you are targeting with your product. right now it looks like the sims(doubt you can code for that) and facebook. step back and figure out your marketing strategy before trying to sell marketing strategy to anyone else. just throwing it out there is a strategy for failure.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

Member #
    Hi Dorky,

thank for your comments and suggestions! I'll make my best to apply them.

I would point out that the main target of my activity is a quite small community (a really small island) where clients are caught much more on a personal basis than through their research of web design providers. And most of them have very small businesses and don't think so much of a marketing strategy.
    So, as I don't have a wide portfolio at the moment, the main scope of the site is being able to show them some features that could be added to their sites.

That's all

And I would know if the site graphic is acceptable or not.

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think you have a good idea - just too much stuff in a jumble on the page. Too much animation, unbalanced layout, generally my first impression was confusion.

Do yourself a favour and take a look at the sites for the design companies represented by some of the members here - they are excellent examples of what to do - clean, crisp, informative and the nav is intuitive.

Here are a few - go check them pout and then take a hard look at yours and see where you could clean it up a bit.

Remember - one of the big advantages of the Internet and the Web is that it levels the playing field, allowing the smaller companies and businesses to compete with the big boys.

Don't make the mistake of thinking that because your local market is small, they will want less from their web design company than if they were in a larger Metropolitain community.

Good luck,
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    hi! actually i liked your design! but there was too many texts in the page! i mean you should categorize it more, that it would seem better

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Nice site, very simple but good content but the 2D page and pricing I think it was seems to lack content completely or its unfinished I thought id just tell you, good site, well done.

Remove Ads