Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    3.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all, just wanted to get the opinions of a few like minded people and possibly get some constructive criticism / feedback on a new website i have designed for myself...

The website is called Clean Designs and is going to be the website for my own freelance business, just to make a name for myself kind of and to make a little extra cash possibly while studying at University.

Anyway, the link is there, so if you could spare a few minutes and have a little look around and tell me what you think of it; What is good / bad / and what could do with a bit of improvement I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Danny @ Clean-Designs.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think you might want to re-word your post
    get some constructive criticism / feedback on a new website i have designed for myself...
    I recognize the template - it's Twicet, by Kriesi at Themeforest. I have used it myself in the past.

There is nothing wrong with using a template, but you should state that in your description, even if you have modified it for your own use.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I could recognize it as a template even without having seen it before.

The problem I have isn't with the fact that it's a template, but that you poorly adapted it to your website content.

There's just way too much empty space and lack of content where necessary (e.g. your 500px high essentially empty first fold on your homepage), and then clutter where not necessary...

I also have an issue with the iMac on the homepage... sooooo 1999, and the screenshot on it looks like it was your old website?

Keep working on it... needs a lot of work before it can be commented on further..

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Hi Clean Designs, looks good, I would like to have contact information about the company at the bottom and also have the green button at the bottom do something when someone hovers over it. The domain name is a difficult one the dash between the clean "-" design, most great internet sites do not have this, would it be possible to change domain name to something else. i.e. www.webcleandesigns.com or similar? just some ideas.
    IQ Catch Intelligent Dating for Smart People www.iqcatch.com

Member #
    Understand the problem with the dash, is rather frustrating and may change it before long...

As for the template? It's actually not? I've got some ideas from other relevant sites (and lets be honest, who doesn't?) and created the website with my own code..? Granted some areas look similar to some templates possibly, but it is absolutely not a downloaded template.

The issues I assume you are talking about with the poor attempt is due to the fact I was / am using Chromium to look at the updates made to the website, rather than doing the standard web developer thing (which I can't understand why I didn't do) and check Firefox and the various other used browsers to check that it looks the same across all platforms. However I have looked at it now in the other browsers and corrected the mistakes. So should look a little better.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    yeah. having people judge a template built by someone else is..... well i wouldn't do it.

while($get_it !== true){ continue; }

rde
    Member #
    Besides the template discussion, I think the hp banner/computer image area needs work. Perhaps using an image that is in a perspective angle and overlaps the horizontal line. Styling the subtext a little might help as well

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorky View Post
    yeah. having people judge a template built by someone else is..... well i wouldn't do it.
    Seeing as though it's not built by someone else.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    This is where I got the idea that it was a purchased template - it's in the <head> sections of the "about" and "contact" pages.... http://www.clean-designs.com/css/style1.css

Code:
    /*  
    Theme Name: Twicet
    Theme URI: http://www.kriesi.at/
    Description: A Business & Portfolio Theme
    Version: 1
    Author: Christian "Kriesi" Budschedl
    Author URI: http://www.kriesi.at 
    */

/*****************************
    7.)pages with sidebar
    /****************************/								

.entry{
    			border-bottom:1px solid #bbb;
    			}

#basic & common styles	

h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a h6 a{
    	color:#5B5A5A;
    	}

a{
    	color:#333;
    	text-decoration:underline;
    	}

a:hover{
    	color:#444;
    	text-decoration:none;
    	}

etc, etc....
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    This is where I got the idea that it was a purchased template - it's in the <head> sections of the "about" and "contact" pages.... http://www.clean-designs.com/css/style1.css

Code:
    /*  
    Theme Name: Twicet
    Theme URI: http://www.kriesi.at/
    Description: A Business & Portfolio Theme
    Version: 1
    Author: Christian "Kriesi" Budschedl
    Author URI: http://www.kriesi.at 
    */

7.)pages with sidebar

.entry{
    			border-bottom:1px solid #bbb;
    			}

#basic & common styles	

h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a h6 a{
    	color:#5B5A5A;
    	}

a{
    	color:#333;
    	text-decoration:underline;
    	}

a:hover{
    	color:#444;
    	text-decoration:none;
    	}

etc, etc....
    Ah yeah, that was for the contact form on the contact page... I was going to use that as a baseline because I kept stumbling on a certain area but I managed to sort it out in the end. So that is redundant .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads