Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm a singer/songwriter in need of a great website. I have a miniscule amount of HTML knowledge and a thin wallet.

I've been reading about XML, CSS, web standards, etc.
    I want to ensure that my site is "up to snuff". I'm trying to decide on hiring someone to create the site for me, or try to dive in and do it myself.
    Does anyone have any advice or words of wisdom to help me make this important decision?

I'm concerned about site design, speed & compatability (now and in the future)

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Susan

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    If you are unsure on your skillz in the w3b d3sign area you should consider hiring some1 else to give you what you want and can not do. But if you make something you like then go with yourself .

I suggest goin to a few sites you like and viewing the source to see if you understand. if your completly lost then you should start opening your wallet :P. Alot of ppl work for cheap just so they can have an addition to there portfolio so you should be able to find some1.

I hope things work out for ya

EDITED: Please don't advertise your own services. Thanks. --TheGAME1264
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    I would try doing it myself. And if it doesn't trun out the way you want it keep working at it. If you don't have time to do all that then, yeah I would pay someone to make a good looking website. It never hurts to try.

Peace

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I have some of my music on my homepage (link below). Check it out and see if you get any ideas from it. I used php to make it. You can put together an XML / XSL site if you want, but for most people that would be overkill (unless you will be updating the content often). You'd probably be best off by hiring someone to do your site for you. To get the most bang for your buck, look for a design on http://www.templatemonster.com and have your designer build the site into a template that is to your liking. You should be able to keep your cost down to a couple hundred dollars.

Member #
    like the other members are saying, have a go at it and if it isnt working out then get in contact with a designer..

there are many designers awaiting jobs that frequent these forums so finding someone to do it for you wont be hard at all. And relatively cheap too!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I agree with everyone else. Try it yourself. Get as far as you can. Just don't get yourself in over your head; that way, if and when you do have to bring in a designer, you won't have to pay as much for fixes and things.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads