Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    5.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    5.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    5.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    5.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey,

ive spent the past 4 days(got my wisdom teeth pulled out yesterday) working on creating this forum, 100% from scratch, cause i feel that having a hacking/programming/website forum using a pre-built script is a total load of crap!

I'm looking for comments about the design, what to add, and if possibly the security(if you don't mind being auto-banned).

Note, i've made it extremely secure; as far as i can tell, based on my SQLi vulnerability checking programs, it's completely impossible to get in via SQLi, especially with the auto banning features.

i'm planning on adding some anti-brute forcing features in soon.

---
    also if any of you guys ever need any help, i'm always available;

i can personally help you with HTML, DHTML, XML, FML, CSS, JavaScript, FBJS, PHP, MySQL, Lua Script, VB.Net, C#, and C++ programming
    i've also got a fair amount of knowledge with hacking and security in all of these fields.

Feel free to sign up and post a message

thanks for your time everyone!
    i'm looking forward to getting advice on how to improve it.
    --
    Also if you guys could register and take a look at the thread format as well, than much would be appreciated; as an example thread you can check out: <<Mod note: Removed as it requires registration>> its just a quick post i made about SQL Injections and a bit on how to prevent them.

I'm afraid im having a bit of trouble with the colours since im living on pain killers right now lol.

Member #
    Liked
    142 times
    By interpreture do you mean interpreter?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    By interpreture do you mean interpreter?
    yeah sorry, i dont have the best spelling :P

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    OK - you win -
    I never said PHP was a CMS - I said it was a part of a CMS.

But you win - as long as you don't or won't understand what I am saying, there is no point in going further with this.
    read your own posts:
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare View Post
    Are you not using a CMS?
    If not, how do you store and retrieve your data?
    Any database that uses PHP or the like to select and retrieve information is by definition a CMS.
    C#, c++ and whatever can all connect to a database, they all use some form of it.

Member #
    lol,
    what kind of bull**** is this.

you guys freaking ip banned me >.<

what sort of scam are you guys trying to pull off?

Member #
    I'd prefer pre-built scripts... even one of the biggest "hack" websites on the internet uses myBB so I don't know why you don't prefer them. Either way, pretty nice scripting, I'd have to register to tell you more. I'd change the font for the text on the website, and make the colors a little better.

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hotnoob View Post
    lol,
    what kind of bull**** is this.

you guys freaking ip banned me >.<

what sort of scam are you guys trying to pull off?
    Nobody banned you...I can assure you of that!

Can we get back on topic please...

HotNoob - great that you built your own system...looks pretty nice, but I'm (personally) not too fond of dark layouts. It does seem your site is fairly hard to read as there is very little contrast between the background and borders. May I suggest lightening the borders and content areas as it currently comes across as one of those clan/gaming type forums run by kids. I do like where the logo's going - looks pretty good and scales well.

Also, please PLEASE ditch the Times New Roman...its a terrible font.

One final note (last one, ) your HTML coding needs work...quite a bit of work. It's bad practice to use tables for a layout. You need double quotes round attributes and attributes such as align="center" and width="60%" should not be used - this is what CSS is for...basically anything that can be done in CSS, should be done in CSS. I'd aim to get your site either XHTML transitional or HTML5 compatible.

Think thats about it - please do keep us updated on how it goes...I do love custom forum systems

Member #
    You guys are being so harsh just because of one sentence he put in for an attempt at humor because he was nervous about what you guys would think. If people didn't do stuff from scratch we wouldn't have any of the prebuilt stuff we use today.

One of the people I work for used to use a "fizz bizz" test on the new programmers to see if they were just copy pasting code instead of using thier own. You would be shocked at how many people couldn't do a loop that counts 1 to 10 in the languages on thier resume. This is because they got were they are from copy pasting from the internet and doing a few small tweaks.

What he meant by trolling is he thought you were messing from him, as your jab at him being an "elitist" for not using prebuilts is conflicting with how you just made people who use pre-builts the "elite".

I personally like the website, and could see myself using it once it once the interface is more cleaned up. As like others said it is visually unappealing unless the background is more eye friendly on the actual threads. I wish you the best of luck applying your knowledge in other ways besides this website.

Here's an example of the concept of the fizz bizz test if you want to take a crack (keeping in mind you have less than 10 minutes and no outside resources)

Write a program that prints the numbers from 1 to 100. But for multiples of three print "Fizz" instead of the number and for the multiples of five print "Buzz". For numbers which are multiples of both three and five print "FizzBuzz".

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Congrats on the work, but believing that you can duplicate and/or improve upon a very mature app like vB in a few short days of scripting is a little delusional. Your site may very well be "hacker proof", but is short on features, and not so pleasing to the eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads