Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hello :devious: ,

I must say I don't know much about programming, but I still wanted to make a decent site. I've used Dreamweaver and frontpage for years, but because I don't know html they could never satisfy me completely.

Look at my website and give comments, I've built it with a new web-building tool, ergenerator, easy and professional looks, based on free downloadable webtemplates. The program allows you to add pages where needed and to create categories where appropriate without knowing any computer language.

The English part of the site isn't that elaborated as the Dutch part, anyway, you'll see that for yourself (Iím still working on the content of both languages, the scroll bar will change in deep red, the same as the template)

http://users.pandora.be/thooft

best view 1024x768
    browser IE 5+

the program
    :alien: http://www.ezgenerator.com :alien:
    direct dowload link
    http://dl1.e-officedirect.com/fruity.../ezg-trial.exe

Try the demo, give comments and suggest any other good progs I could use!!!

thanx

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    So purple. So very very purple!

Seriously, I'd reverse that colour scheme or maybe go with dark purple text on a light purple lavender almost girly background. The white on purple will be very hard to read on some monitors.

Also, when the second part of your clock is less than 10, it doesn't put in the 0. It shows 10:53:3 instead of 10:53:03.

"Accessories" is also misspelled in the main menu.

Other than that, looks pretty funktacular.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    not bad at al!

i didnt get any purple though. did u change that already?

there is a bit of wasted space near the top of the main frame but i am viewing it using 800x600.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thats pretty da*n (not sure if that words legal or not :P) good for dreamweaver. But i really dont like the color scheme on the first 1, thats a quick fix tohugh. The second 1 is great i love it.

If you wanna learn html i suggest you start here
    www.davesite.com its where i started :P
    www.w3schools.com another great tutorial site but id go here after you have read and understand the first site.
    My tip for those 2 sites is if you dont understand it read it again. And always use there try it editors they help alot when learning .
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    thanx for the reply, 1stly, the site isn't made with dreamweaver (=html editor) but with ezgenerator (=webbuilder)

I hope to have more time in the near future to learn html, but that won't be for... anyway

the spelling is corected, tx for that

the clock, there isn't anything to do about that, but because i've already had so many remarks on the damn clock, i think I will remove it this evening.

comments are still requested

:chinese: http://users.pandora.be/thooft :chinese:
    http://www.ezgenerator.com

bye mg

Member #
    Not bad. However I would HIGHLY recommend learning HTML. It's not diffucult at all! WYSIWYG apps are VERY nice, however sometimes the code needs some tweaking, that requires getting your hands dirty in some HTML. Do a search through GOOGLE, there are a lot of beginner site to HTML. Good luck!

Member #
    Nice start, here are a few comments:
    1. The site doesn't fit on an 800x600 resolution. It should, IMO.
    2. The scrollbar is confusing. At first I thought the gray part of it was the slider.
    3. I dont like the clock. Clocks can be a neat addition but are uneccesary on webpages (users have the time in their system tray). Your clock causes images to constantly be reloaded, and it doesn't fit in with the site's design.
    4. Mouseovers for the navigation would be a good addition.
    5. You have a large empty space in the top left corner of your content area: this is the first place people look.
    6. I noticed you used a huge amount of framesets to make this. I'd recommend using tables instead and using one html page. It will be compatible w/ more broswers, probably load faster, and easier for you to maintain.

Nice start, this is just my 2 cents!

Remove Ads