Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    3.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hello all, long time no see

anyway I'm putting this site together (not finished yet some content and pages are missing) and I would like your opinion on...well everything or anything that you might notice.

I didn't put too much emphasis on the home page yet so don't expect much on that end...the real work was put on the website's main layout throughout the pages.

one of my issues with it is that I feel that the black text and gray text used in various areas of the layout makes it feel a little congested, maybe i need more color of font size variation?...but that might just be my imagination, I've been looking at this thing for the past few weeks, so I think my opinion at this point is kinda tainted

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    just had a quick look,.. at first sight i like it,..untill i press frangrances and pebble fresh
    is there no way to show these a bit more spread out?
    im getting dizzy to concentrate to look which one i want

overall though i do like the design

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayhush, post: 201537
    just had a quick look,..
    hey, thanx for checking it out! the client wanted only a table layout with prices and fragrance names, let alone any type of breathing space on that page lol. This is my attempt to make them compact enough to appease his requirements yet somehow add some white space and sanity on my end. Maybe a simple table spreadsheet layout would be more true for something like this?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gaddict, post: 201538
    hey, thanx for checking it out! the client wanted only a table layout with prices and fragrance names, let alone any type of breathing space on that page lol. This is my attempt to make them compact enough to appease his requirements yet somehow add some white space and sanity on my end. Maybe a simple table spreadsheet layout would be more true for something like this?
    i dont get all the bottles as they are all the same, i think one bottle for example at the top
    and arrange all the rest by price or something like that

Member #
    ah, yes those are not the correct images yet. it just picks up the main image of the product for now. I will add a more approriate image for each one.

FYI you can click on the names and go to the details page of each fragrance and there you can see the actual product.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    what about a random selection of bottles at the top as an info pic,.. then a list arranged without pics and make them link like you did?
    there must be a different way then making people dizzy staring at a page

Member #
    yeah that's how I had it on their old website. I might have to do that, thx for the input!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think maybe to spread the fragrances and pebble fresh (what is pebblefresh?) out a bit more you could maybe divide them into categories (fruity, floral, spicy...) and use a dropdown in your menu like you did for the cleaning lubricants. That way you could probably get images of the whole bottle in each section and add a description as well.

Also - the page seemed to load a bit slowly, so I took a look at your code. Try to get all your functions and javascript into separate files - that will tidy up the page and probably make it load faster - it will certainly make it easier to edit if you need to make any revisions as time goes on.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    not sure what pebble fresh is lol. this might sound like a noob question but why would putting javascript in separate files help speed? they all have to be loaded anyway right?

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have looked your website. I like it, nice design. Also I like jQuery elements. But the top og your page has too much elements. I suggest you to place some of them to footer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads