Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I am new to this forum. I never have had my site reviewed by professional webdesigners and was wondering if i could get some feedback. The site is http://www.looseleafmusic.com. It definately has some flaws.

Also... is macromedia fireworks more or less the same as adobe photoshop and adobe ImageReady? I haven't tweaked with the program too much yet, i dont want to learn it if i am wasting my time. Fireworks seems like a watered down photoshop with similiar features as ImageReady... but i could be awfully wrong. Someone set me straight.

Thanks,
    -nick
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok first off we got the colors which are to dark if you want to do that scheme at least lighten up the whites and grays so there actually white.

Second we have your roll-overs which i like except for the text is to dark again and the roll-overs should only change when you go over the text. Some of your roll-overs flip when your like an inch away from the text. I say do an image map in Image Ready and set the roll-overs up like that so there not all set to the same width.

Third you have your status bar displaying some message at 100 mph slow it down :P You gotta give people time to read that thing, I say have it come out a bit slower then have it sit for a few seconds instead of dissapearing right away.

Fourth your text is a little small and with the gray color it only makes it even harder to read.

And last I would say lighten up those pics you have so you can see em better.

Basically your roll-overs, text, and color scheme should take some adjusting.

Welcome to the forums btw :P
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    golden rule in web design:
    Always ensure that your layout is user friendly and your contect is easy to read.

This rule has been broken. Your content is very hard to read and off center. You have to experiment with colors.

Preload your mouseovers..

fireworks is similar to photoshop. I like it but some people find photoshop to be superior.

Dont take my comments to harshly. Overall your site is not bad. Your navigation menu is pretty cool!

Member #
    are you in the band?? i went to download some of your mp3's but couldnt be stuffed signing up to mp3.com.
    i reckon you should just let people download them from your server.

Member #
    i see

I am in the band, and yea, mp3.com is a pain. If i served the mp3's my bandwith would be through the roof right? I have 3 gigs of transfer a month.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    oh really. so your quite a good band. lol
    i might just signup and have a listen..

Member #
    I'd agree with what's been said so far, the site isn't easy to read because of how dark it is.

I'm not a fan of anything scrolling around in the status bar, it's something I remember seeing way to much 5-6 years ago when it was the "cool thing" to do. (yes, I did it too :ichatangel: )

As for hosting your own mp3's, it depends on how popular your site is. If you put up mp3's that are 2 MB's, they could be downloaded 1000 times, and that would still leave you 1 GB/mo for the webpages to be downloaded. You could always put them up and monitor your bandwidth allowance (you should be able to see this in your control panel), and take the mp3's down if you start coming close to your limit.

Nice site, and welcome to the boards!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    It's a nice site, but could be alot better if you implement some of the changes expressed above. Your band looks like a clean-cut bunch of guys...I'm not sure that dark blood red and black work for you. Try some other colors, and you'll be surprised how much better it will look. I've sent you a PM about your mp3 issue.

Member #
    Tested in MOzilla 800x600 56k modem.I agree with all thats been said. Rollovers are too dark. Other links would benefit from having rollovers. Takes best part of a minute to download. Too wide for 800x600. It looks good overall and just needs some tweaking. Good luck with it.

Nick

Remove Ads