Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    1.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    1.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    1.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    1.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Currently i have been working on my new website to play some flash games (who doesnt love them ;D), i think the visual designs are pretty good, im just wondering if there is anything i could put to make it any better. Any feedback would be really appreciated

you can email me too at josh@radongames.com

Member #
    I'd change the banner a bit. The bubbles are kind of busy with the page background right behind it. You should get rid of the quadruple exclamation marks, they give an amateurlike vibe.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm sorry to say that that is one of the least attractive websites I've seen in a long time. It just looks like absolutely no thought has gone into it and it's just a mishmash of whatever random stuff you've found! It kind of looks like everything is shouting for attention at once, but nothing is really deservant of it.

Here's a list of everything that's wrong with it, if you're interested in improving:
    - The colour scheme is horrendous, pick a couple of plain colours and an accent and work from there.
    - The banner is really ugly and poorly made, plus it tiles just to the right of the text.
    - You have excalamation marks after a large welcome message at the top of the page
    - The alignment of the entire page is weird, it should be centered whereas it's just bumped around by the ads.
    - You have 3 HUGE banner ads, too much anyway, but when there's no consideration of layout they just stick out like a sore thumb.
    - Your background image is garish and horrible and matches nothing on the page.
    - Same goes for the background for the actual content area.
    - You don't have the best selection of free flash games on the internet, false claims will only serve to frustrate the user.
    - "youve" needs to be "you've"... but maybe just run a grammar/spell checker on the whole page.
    - You have a hit counter. This is a bad idea at the best of times, but particularly so if you're only getting a trickle of hits.
    - Your page load times are shockingly slow for such a basic website.

Well that's about all I can come up with, it may seem harsh but better to be told now than to try and release a website that looks like that and then wonder why no-one wants to use it. And you wouldn't come to a web design forum presumably if you didn't have some intention of improving!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Everything Common said is true, but none of it addresses the biggest problem...that your site idea is one of the most unoriginal ideas around. Yes, people like to play (Flash) games, and that's why there are about 5 million sites devoted to the topic. Yours doesn't in any way distinguish itself.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    39 times
    Common pretty much hit the nail. I felt like I was transported back to the 90's. Hell, there is even a hit counter! The only thing that is missing is the dancing baby.
    Common likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Web design is like poker:

You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em.....

I would stick around here, check out some of these people's sites, then give it another go!
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I'd fold myself, just because the concept is so unoriginal.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You also have quite a few coding and layout errors. For example, everything on the site is kind of smashed together in Firefox, but looks okay in Safari and IE.

I noticed this coding error in your title tag:
    <title>HomePage - Flash Games[COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]<meta name="Flash Games" content="Best Flash Games on radongames.com" />[/COLOR]
    </title>
    You should remove the meta tag that you've accidentally inserted into your title tag.

Another coding tip is that, by default, CSS puts a blue border around all your images.
    You can get rid of this by adding "img {border:none;}" to your CSS.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There’s more to being creative than just being able to create something. It’s not just something you do on a rainy afternoon because you’re bored.

Creativity is like personality; it is unique. Not everyone can draw or paint or even play the violin, but if you choose to do something then make sure you do it well. The world (and especially the Web) is already overrun with cheap, talentless wannabes. Make sure you are not one of them.

Just my 2 cents…
    AlphaMare and TheGAME1264 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Quote Originally Posted by desktop, post: 202295
    The world (and especially the Web) is already overrun with cheap, talentless wannabes. Make sure you are not one of them.

Just my 2 cents…
    TES-ti-fyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! We must LISTEN to the good brother from the Wolverine State, for he is PREACHIN' unto us the good word of originALity-uh!

Can I get an Amen and a Hallelujah for originALity?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads