Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    4.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    4.7 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.7 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.7 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    4.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

This is my first post at WDF ever since joining in Dec, 2009 !!! So, let me introduce myself too. I am a research scholar / graphic designer from Bangalore, India. I have been a regular member at WDF, and during my learning days, I never needed to post anything, as almost all my queries were already answered in some previous discussions (people should use the 'Search' button more).

And now, here it is... my portfolio. Please do let me know what you think. Suggestions / criticisms are more than welcome.

The website is not supported for IE6 and lower versions. I didn't feel the need to. Do you think I should add support?

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    very clean site compared to what i have seen on here. Only thing i may change is the amount of "back to top" you have. I believe one at the bottom is sufficent since you are not scrolling a ton on your site. Home page layout is clean, only area i see an issue is the footer, i feel you have a ton of dead space and it could use some better structure. About section is clean but my skills section needs to have a definition of what the graph means. Is your experience in days, see what i mean? Also, just a personal feeling but i would make the hover effect on your main nav a little softer, such as slow it down, its really fast. Get rid of the red section with the same effect for getting back to the top and i feel you will be golden!
    banskt likes this.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicsman
    Only thing i may change is the amount of "back to top" you have....
    i see an issue is the footer, i feel you have a ton of dead space and it could use some better structure.... my skills section needs to have a definition of what the graph means ... make the hover effect on your main nav a little softer
    Thanks for the valuable suggestions... constructive input. I am definitely going to use some of your suggestions.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree with graphicsmans there are far to many back to top buttons for a site with this little scrolling you really dont need any but if you must than one at the bottom is all you need.

The design is nice, layout is easy to read and get around, I did not read all the content but from what I did it seems concise and to the point. Very good job

Member #
    Very nice layout!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    The layout is great and your work looks awesome! One thing I would suggest is improving your copy. I think it could be written better to make you sound more professional. For example at the bottom you say you did this website "in a rush". There's no need to say that, even if it's true. I understand that you are trying to just be honest, but people might take that as you rush all your projects.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Very nice, best one I've seen so far

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 202870
    Very nice, best one I've seen so far
    wait till im done with mine, lol :dance:

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    Some of the best wordpress work I have seen around here. I like it!
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Really, really good. If I was looking for a graphic designer I'd hire you right there and then lol. Agree with graphicsmans comment about the dead space in the footer. You definitely need to structure that a bit differently.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads