Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello Everyone,

I've recently posted a new web site and would like to get some feedback. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks!

http://www.96rpm.com :classic:

Member #
    u have quite an individual design which is a good thing.
    there is some horizontal scrolling on 800x600...

i like you navigation too!
    youve done a damn good job.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    very nice design...I especially like the navigation and the fading pics in the header. Not a big fan of the burgundy color, but that's just me. Excellent work, I can't wait to get home from work so I can check out the girlie wallpapers

Member #
    Tested in Mozilla 800x600 56k modem. It's very slow to load. The graphics could do with some ALT tags. Just slightly too wide for 800x600. Now I see why it's slow. The rotating graphics is just too much for my modem. If this was a site I had just surfed to, I would have given up and pressed the Back button. It's still loading (now up to 1.5 minutes). Now I can see the text but the menu graphics are still loading. Ah, now it's finished. 2 minutes. I also don't have Flash installed so I can't see the New Stuff. Might be better to have fewer graphics or use Flash to generate the rotating graphics. Now its loaded however, it looks good. Good luck with it.

Nick

Member #
    I like the images you have all over the site, but I think the usability needs improvement the most. The fade-in effect that the menus have is really cool, but it's annoying after the first time because I just wanted to see the menus, and got tired of the wait everytime. I'd get rid of them because they are the main source of navigation.

Also, the site breaks from it's design after the homepage, and goes into a less appealing black background design. I'd like to see the thumbnail pages resemble the homepage a little more. Putting the navigation on every page would alleviate the problem of having to go back a few pages to get to the next section of your site.

I'm not a fan of your color scheme, but that could be just my taste. Gray, purple, white and blue don't look good in the manner you've used them, IMO.

Your work is really impressive, I like the site. That's just my 2 cents on how to improve it! Welcome to the boards, btw. :-)

Member #
    Wanted to say thank you for all of your comments. I really appreciate the feedback. So .... THANKS!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Its like dying on my cable (mind you my cable isnt that great, but still its good enough ). Every time I woul rolover your buttons everything would just kina freeze up for a second.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    i'm sad that you had to use drop down menus. i find them annoying because they make the navigation a slow and painful process.
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    I'm running IE 6.0 with my 56k (MSN) and it took almost 3 minutes now to load and nothing has loaded except the BG so i will wait and tell you what i think.

Alriht all loaded. Here is what i have to say. I think the drop downs work good with your sites content. I think the fading images are cool but you would downsize them to fit in the layout better because it is just a little too big for 8*6 as stated earlier. Also stated it sucks the site goes to black bg only for the rest of the site. some of the pages also have <br> in the title.
    http://www.macorastudios.com

Member #
    I like the way it looks, but it's not very functional. Use flash or something for the graphic at the top, and get rid of the fading menus. I would also create a common theme to tie all the pages together. When you move from the main page everything gets ugly.

Remove Ads