Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

New website and server monitoring service that was launched today, [EDIT: Link removed by TheGAME1264. It's already in the review section Thanks.)

The service is currently free of charge since we are in BETA. Please visit the webpage and give us your feedcback. If you are familiar with website/server monitoring services you could register an acccount so you can give us feedback on the gui and the service.

Thanks in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    this might be the reason no one is commenting....

or perhaps they just don't see the need...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd be in the "don't see the need" camp, and I think most people on this forum would be in similar boats.

Most people who are on these forums are probably on shared hosting. The shared hosting they're on means that the server is managed, which means in turn that they should have enough faith in their host to pay attention to what's going on. Which means you can eliminate probably 80-85% of forum posters.

That means you're down to VPS users, managed dedicated server users, unmanaged dedicated server users, and colocated server users. VPS is for the most part a smaller version of managed dedicated, which basically puts it in the same class as "shared" for your intents and purposes. So does managed. Now, I'm one of the more experienced and "larger" designers here, and I'm in the managed dedicated boat, and haven't had a downtime of any sort since October 6, 2009...and that was a network downtime, not a server downtime. So as far as your stuff goes, wouldn't need it. And I'd be one of the closest people to your target market on this forum. I'm not sure if that's what you intended, but it's what you're probably going to find for the most part, unless you target a community such as WebHostingTalk.

As far as the site itself goes, it looks to me like it's a templated site. I don't know that for sure, but it looks that way. It's also very hard to read due to the lack of line spacing and in many spots lack of contrast.

Your partner list is somewhat confusing. I'd say it's more likely that you accept VISA and MC, as opposed to you being full partners with them.

I don't see a phone number. I don't like that I don't see a phone number. I also don't see refund policies or anything of that sort...and yes, I'm aware that the site is in beta. But you'll need those.

In other words, what I see is a site that has a long way to go to be useful to a relatively small marketplace.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I no do business with companies that can't afford a phone...(what other reason would they not post a phone number??? right ???) Guess since I never actually made it to the site...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 210824
    I'd be in the "don't see the need" camp, and I think most people on this forum would be in similar boats.

Most people who are on these forums are probably on shared hosting. The shared hosting they're on means that the server is managed, which means in turn that they should have enough faith in their host to pay attention to what's going on. Which means you can eliminate probably 80-85% of forum posters.
    I disagree with that. Most of my client use shared hosts, and I monitor them. Sometimes a site is on a server with problems... repeated down time. When I see that, I (or the client) can contact the hosting company to get the site moved to another server. Monitoring also lets me get some idea of the hosting company reliability. Yes, there are stats at places like NetCraft, but I like having some empirical data of my own.

Remove Ads