Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    72 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please rate private school website. Just started, so links does not work. On the right track so far?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It looks awesome. The code's clean. As much as I normally hate stock photos, I love the one of the kid in the header.

I might put a translucent background behind the white text in the header image...but that's a very minor nitpick.

Great work.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 211873
    It looks awesome. The code's clean. As much as I normally hate stock photos, I love the one of the kid in the header.

I might put a translucent background behind the white text in the header image...but that's a very minor nitpick.

Great work.
    Thanks. The stock images are just place holders until I get the photos from the client. Where do you mean by the translucent background. I had to retouch the image to make it darker so the white letters will stand out.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    I think this site looks great so far. I am looking forward to seeing the finished version!

As for your code - it looks like you have gone to divs instead of tables, you have your CSS in external files - the code is clean and the div and class names are descriptive and understandable - you certainly have come a long way since your fist post back in April! Keep up the good work!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMare, post: 211875
    I think this site looks great so far. I am looking forward to seeing the finished version!

As for your code - it looks like you have gone to divs instead of tables, you have your CSS in external files - the code is clean and the div and class names are descriptive and understandable - you certainly have come a long way since your fist post back in April! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! My next challenge is learning how to create custom CMS. I still got a long way to go.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 211874
    Thanks. The stock images are just place holders until I get the photos from the client. Where do you mean by the translucent background. I had to retouch the image to make it darker so the white letters will stand out.
    I mean put a black overlay about 80% opaque over the top of the background and under the white text. You'll see what I mean in http://www.hotrodfanatics.com ...I did something like this for the rotating images for the home page.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 211881
    I mean put a black overlay about 80% opaque over the top of the background and under the white text. You'll see what I mean in http://www.hotrodfanatics.com ...I did something like this for the rotating images for the home page.
    I just tried that and I didn't like how it looked, when I get the images from the client I'll play around with it to see what works best.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Makes sense. No point in obsessing over that minor a detail if the pic's not even going to be the same anyway. I just hope your client has a pic that good you can work with.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 211887
    Makes sense. No point in obsessing over that minor a detail if the pic's not even going to be the same anyway. I just hope your client has a pic that good you can work with.
    yeah I hope so too, hopefully they got high quality pics .

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MYIWDesigns, post: 211876
    Thanks! My next challenge is learning how to create custom CMS. I still got a long way to go.
    Use Joomla as your CMS i do and haven't looked back. Check this Tutorial out, it will give you a basic idea on how it works http://docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_ba...omla!_template - Basically Joomla Templates are xhtml and css that have abit of php in Hope this helps for the future.

Amazing looking site by the way, very professional
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads