Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Site build

Member #
    Liked
    265 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So a friend of mine is wanting to start up a webdesign business, he's learning the code if it we're but asked me to design his initial site so he can get customers....Quite handy really as I will be helping him out with the designs etc in the future *kerching* Anyways. What do you guys think of my sort of first Vector created site in Inkscape...Yes Inkscape... I know right?!

I know there is a few module issues at the moment (Footer, Contact Page a bit Pete Tong and one of the sub cats failing [thinking its the container div not set quite right]

Anyways, what do you guys think?!

Oh Also I want to redesign the logo... ITS HORRIBLE!!! Any ideas what i can do with it?!

Any help would be most appreciated!

Stim Yow!
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    He want to get customers, yet he makes his friend do his site? No bueno. But that's not why I'm here, is it..?
    • What jumped out at me first: The blue pretty background blends way too quickly into space. (at first, I didn't even know that was supposed to represent space - but then i saw 'appolo'). It's like .. pretty clouds, bright blue sky.. BOOM dark space. Just make that transition a bit better.
    • The copyright section: the orange text has a horrible contrast. It was almost impossible to read.(same for the 'news' section on your home page)
    • On the contact page - why is the "contact us" white? It completely blends in with the background. Try a light blue, sans-serif font. This reminds me too much of that corny "word art" thing microsoft did in word.
    • As for the logo - You've got a nice looking theme there - with the blue and the jagged (ice?) edges. Incorporate that in your logo design - and it will look kick-***.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 212036
    He want to get customers, yet he makes his friend do his site? No bueno. But that's not why I'm here, is it..?
    • What jumped out at me first: The blue pretty background blends way too quickly into space. (at first, I didn't even know that was supposed to represent space - but then i saw 'appolo'). It's like .. pretty clouds, bright blue sky.. BOOM dark space. Just make that transition a bit better.
    • The copyright section: the orange text has a horrible contrast. It was almost impossible to read.(same for the 'news' section on your home page)
    • On the contact page - why is the "contact us" white? It completely blends in with the background. Try a light blue, sans-serif font. This reminds me too much of that corny "word art" thing microsoft did in word.
    • As for the logo - You've got a nice looking theme there - with the blue and the jagged (ice?) edges. Incorporate that in your logo design - and it will look kick-***.
    Yea i agree there. I shall have to regradient it i think Do you think its worth me adding a couple of stars in the black to rep space?
    Yea ignore the orange hyperlink part... The original colors for those box's were the brown that you see on the mountains. I shall change it to something alittle more viewable though. The Copyright box is not going to be there like that. Module issue :S
    The contact form is a module issue, I have to redesign the css for that module...*shakes fist to sky*

So an ice effect on the logo.. I didn't think of that. I shall give that a go and keep ya posted when Ive done it.

Thanks dude most appreciated!
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by m3n0tu18, post: 212045
    Yea i agree there. I shall have to regradient it i think Do you think its worth me adding a couple of stars in the black to rep space?
    Yea ignore the orange hyperlink part... The original colors for those box's were the brown that you see on the mountains. I shall change it to something alittle more viewable though. The Copyright box is not going to be there like that. Module issue :S
    The contact form is a module issue, I have to redesign the css for that module...*shakes fist to sky*

So an ice effect on the logo.. I didn't think of that. I shall give that a go and keep ya posted when Ive done it.

Thanks dude most appreciated!
    Yeah, start would be pretty sweet. Can't wait to see your re-design then!

EDIT: I meant stars, not 'start'. Pfft can't type
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Remove Ads