Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    2.5 out of 5

Accessibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Website Speed:
    4.5 out of 5

Compatibility:
    2.5 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    2.5 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

I joined today with a view that some of you will be able to review my company's new website.

It is called 'Brainy Sites'. We are (mostly) Adobe Business Catalyst designers, and we are based in the UK. I have gained lots of feedback from friends and family, but what I really want is harsh criticism from those who really know and understand design.

There are some teething problems with the site which are being addressed. It's not actually live yet, hence only being able to access it at /index.

Technically, there are some issues, I see it's flagged as invalid XHTML and invalid CSS, we are aware of this. What I would really appreciate is feedback on two things...
    1. Design. Do you think everything is well placed and arranged to a high level? Don't hold back now....
    2. Information. Do you understand what we are offering? The site packages are pretty obvious, but the Brainy Tools section is what I'm really interested in.

If even a few of you could take the time to look at this it'd be greatly appreciated. I see there are some really great users here, and I am pleased to be part of your community. I will of course return the favour and review a few sites. Think I'll do that now actually....

Thanks, Joe.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Very nice site, brilliant layout, great color scheme, loving the interactivity you have there.

The one issue I had once i loaded the page was that the site isnt designed for netbook size screens, i design all my work on my netbook that way i know the auto margins and the main wrappers will sit within the 1024 screen size. Maybe look at something like this? as currently potential clients will be scrolling left and right of the page to view content, and unfortunately its a client turn off in my eyes. I usually make the wrapper 1000px wide with margin auto as it fits within the netbook screen snuggly and looks good.

Other than that a very nice well designed and laid out site. What cms do you use for it?
    Joe Evans likes this.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Now this just sucks. The one time someone asks me to rip the crap out of his/her site, it's too good to rip the crap out of. You've written your own content. The code is clean. The site's gorgeous. The portfolio would be the envy of most web design companies.

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IN THE HELL I'M SUPPOSED TO CRITICIZE?????
    Joe Evans likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Other than getting a 'coming soon' page when you click on the logo, it's a very nice site. The portfolio page took a long while to load, but that's probably because I'm on an ancient iBook.
    Joe Evans likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    The website looks really nice, I guess the only nitpick I see is the the huge space at the bottom, and that Facebook tab looks isolated. Also you can see the light low quality of the photos. Personally I don't like seeing that on websites. Other than that, everything looks great.

Member #
    sorry i can't see the effect of the site!
    who can tell me "why"?

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pyjyingjie, post: 212443
    sorry i can't see the effect of the site!
    who can tell me "why"?
    We will need more information. What effect are you talking about?
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for all the comments everyone! I really appreciate it. I will respond to all your individual comments accordingly.

Big shoutout to [SIZE=11px][COLOR=rgb(150, 150, 150)][COLOR=rgb(32, 117, 183)]MYIWDesigns[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE]for liking our Facebook page! See you all on Monday.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Where is the link of the site?
    -----------------------
    | I | A | M | S | A | M |
    -------------------------------

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Click the "View Site" button below the screen cap.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads