Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi!
    I just launched a redesign of my new online strategy game called Metropolis online.
    I would very much like to get more testers to try it out. If you like browser based strategy games, please give it a try!

If you didn't sign up: What is missing to get you interested? Too little information? Too few images? Boring front page? Any comments (preferably constructive) are welcome!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You need another font for the "Online" in your logo. It looks like it says "oniine", and it ruins the logo. Maybe the word could be smaller and in the bottom right of your logo.

I might use a more detailed background. Maybe a larger city shot or a gradient. That grey looks a little flat to me. Not sure what I'd suggest, though.

"Advertisment" is misspelled (it's "Advertisement").

"Lastest News" should be "Latest News".

The game's not very well explained. I picked a nation that went with my city, not realizing I could tie my can to a preexisting nation (in my case, I picked "STFU, Already").

The "Under Construction" list spills past the bottom of the container when I make a long list of things.

What's "Member fee"?

Are there more advancements as the game progresses? If so, what?

Can we see the other cities? A graphic would be cool to see how they're developed and stuff.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    EDIT: figured out how to see the latter, although it's not very big.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 213014
    You need another font for the "Online" in your logo. It looks like it says "oniine", and it ruins the logo. Maybe the word could be smaller and in the bottom right of your logo.
    Nice that you noticed! I increased the width of the "L" a little. It's not really an existing font. My aim was to make it look like graffiti.

I might use a more detailed background. Maybe a larger city shot or a gradient. That grey looks a little flat to me. Not sure what I'd suggest, though.
    Is that in-game or on the front page? You don't think a more detailed background would distract from the actual game?

"Advertisment" is misspelled (it's "Advertisement").
    "Lastest News" should be "Latest News".
    Fixed.

The game's not very well explained. I picked a nation that went with my city, not realizing I could tie my can to a preexisting nation (in my case, I picked "STFU, Already").

What's "Member fee"?

Are there more advancements as the game progresses? If so, what?

Can we see the other cities? A graphic would be cool to see how they're developed and stuff.
    I think all those questions come down to the same thing - it's not clear what the game is about. Did you read the game overview? Or is that too well hidden?
    Anyway, you can't tie your city to a preexisting nation when you create your city. It's part of the game to form larger nations as your city grows.

Member fee is the fee that all cities that belong to a nation pay to the capital. It is set by the capital owner. Maybe I should hide it until there's more cities in the nation? That should also be explained in the game overview. Or is it hard to understand?

Yes. The main advancements are new buildings as your city grows.

EDIT: figured out how to see the latter, although it's not very big.
    I didn't really understand the "it's not very big" part. What did you mean? A more zoomed in graphic? Or larger viewport?

Thanks for the feedback!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Never even found the game overview. So that would be something right there.

And yeah, a more zoomed-in graphic would do it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 213049
    Never even found the game overview. So that would be something right there.
    Definitely. Have you found it since? It's located on the main page (www.metropolisonline.org) under "New users" (which I guess I should change to "New players"...)
    How come you didn't find it? Where would you prefer the help section to be located? Or more in-game explanations of different features?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That would work. I would suggest a "help" link when the user is logged in as well.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 213613
    That would work. I would suggest a "help" link when the user is logged in as well.
    That's a good idea. I'm actually thinking about making the advisors a little more helpful, i.e. explaining actions in a little more detail. And maybe expand the newspaper a bit.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Overall, it doesn't look like a game site. It looks like a site for a construction company.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads